The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. I'm also linking up to The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance @Readerbuzz.
Happy Sunday!
We had a beautiful week of weather. It cooled down to low 80s and the nights were in the 50s! So we enjoyed some time out on the front porch in the evenings.
I've been deadheading and fertilizing. We harvested our onions, shallots, and carrots and planted seeds: lettuce, arugula, spinach, radishes, carrots, leeks, cilantro. Probably more I'm not thinking of. Our tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash, cucumber, basil and oregano are still producing more than we can keep up with.
We went to the Nevada County Fair on Friday with my sister and BIL. This is in our town of Grass Valley, California. Not sure why it's called Nevada County when it's in California. I'm sure I could look it up, but I'm too lazy at the moment. It was fun and in an area with a lot of pine trees so it was cool. I enjoyed seeing all the animals and livestock and the flowers! I forgot to take pictures.
Zinnias are such a great summer producer! I keep cutting and they keep coming!
Queen Anne's lace and Corn on our walk
1000 Piece Puzzle Completed: Harbor by the Sea by Galison
Puzzle 41 of 2026
Read:
Slaying Monsters For the Feeble by Annette Marie-4 Stars
Hunting Fiends For the Ill-Equipped by Annette Marie-4.5 Stars
The One Who Walked Away by Karen Rose-4 Stars
I'm finally caught up for our read-along hosted by Anne @Books of My Heart! I hope to participate in the chat this coming Sunday. Things are getting intense with the series!
Received:
Angel Heist by Brian Andrews & Jeffery Wilson
I'll Be Watching You (Angelhart Investigations #3) by Allison Brennan
Heart of Glass (Wonderland #2) by Jennifer Hillier
Thank you to Blackstone Publishing, Libro.fm, Hanover Square Press, Harlequin Audio, and Macmillan Audio!















Sounds like you have a nice garden with all of those vegetables.
ReplyDeleteI want your temps 😭. I also want your vegetables LOL. The ones we buy in town have practically become tasteless...and don't get me started on the fruits. Tending to a garden must take a lot of dedication though.
ReplyDeleteZinnias are so colourful!
Maybe the county is Nevada? Like I live in Middlesex county. Otherwise, it's an odd name but still sounds like fun. Fair food can be interesting. I am in awe of your garden and jealous of your bounty. How wonderful to have so many veggies and know exactly what's been added and where they've been. Peace of mind is a nice thing.
ReplyDeleteI've read all the things you read! Glad you were able to get caught up. You are having such great gardening. I think you have better weather and soil. It's so hot many things are not doing well here. The zinnia certainly are beautiful I'll have to see if they grow here.
ReplyDeleteAnne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post
The veggies sound like they keep coming ... along with the Zinnias, yay. The puzzles look great as always. What nice weather .... we've had a few mornings at 48F! ha. cool but nice. Enjoy your week.
ReplyDeleteYea you are caught up!! Bummer, I will miss chat because I'm moving my daughter back to college! Oh well. We've been enjoying cooler evenings, too. In fact, I'm sitting on my front porch now! However, the sun is starting to set earlier and earlier. boo!
ReplyDeleteLovely flowers! Hope you have a good week.
ReplyDeleteJealous of the cooler weather! And yay for getting caught up on the read-along books! Hope you can join this Sunday, I'm planning to participate as of this moment. We shall see how the rest of this week goes.
ReplyDeletehttps://lisalovesliterature.bookblog.io/2026/08/16/weekly-wrap-up-august-16th-2026/
Our peppers are all that are still producing here. It sounds like your garden is amazing. We grew zinnias for the first time this year, and they really attract the butterflies. Enjoy your readalong!
ReplyDelete