The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. I'm also linking up to The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance @Readerbuzz.
Happy Sunday!
Another busy week with work. Summer is still hanging on, although the days are getting shorter.
My husband and I went for medical appointments. Mine was a wellness check and my cholesterol is slightly elevated. I'm careful with my diet and I exercise. I guess it's because of low estrogen coming out of menopause. The gift that keeps giving. My husband tore something in his bicep a few months ago. The muscle looks like popeye (a response to having something torn). He's not one for going to the doctor but since there's been no change and it hurts to use it I finally convinced him to get it checked. They got him in for a stat MRI. I think he'll have to have surgery.
The flowers in my garden are doing better with the cooler temps (80s) and continue to bring me joy.
Rose: Brandy
You'll Be Sorry by Lisa Gardner-3.5 Stars
Two library lends and two arcs. Two 5 star reads and two 3.5 stars. A pretty good reading week. I think The Secrets We Hide was my favorite! I hope she continues the series!
Received:
Light the Stars by RaeAnne Thayne
Mother Daughter Sister Stranger by Hank Phillippi Ryan
A Match for the Amish Beekeeper by Lauren Blount
Thank you to Harlequin Audio and Macmillan Audio!
















Your poor husband! That happened to my dad (last year?). The recovery for the surgery is so long, he opted out. He's 81, going on 82. He should not have tried doing push ups. Ah, yes, being a woman can be a trial. I feel you there.
ReplyDeleteYikes! How long was the recovery?
DeleteHurrah for a good reading week! But good luck to your husband re: the potential surgery.
ReplyDeleteHere's my post for this week: https://breathesbooks.com/2026/08/29/stacking-the-shelves-the-sunday-post-142/
Thanks! I hope it's an easy fix!
DeleteI love all the jigsaw puzzles, and your roses are gorgeous! Glad your health is good, and hope your husband's diagnosis & treatment are quick and effective!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I hope so, too.
DeleteThose roses! I think I can smell their beautiful scent from here. Two five-star reads in one week is excellent, I believe.
ReplyDeleteThey do smell wonderful! I have them set up to be right by me as I sit on the couch and the scent keeps wafting over!
Deleteyour roses are gorgeous. I am glad you got your husband to the doctor, I hope it is an easy fix
ReplyDeleteThank you! I hope so, too.
DeleteYou had some great reads! You always have such gorgeous flowers and garden stuff and you haven't lived there very long. It's taking time for me to build the gardens I want. I had the Slaughter and Gardner on my list but didn't get ARCs so haven't read them yet.
ReplyDeleteAnne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post
Roses are usually pretty easy to grow, they just need lots of sunlight and food. I think they really start producing the year after you plant. I planted my rose garden two years ago now (?). The zinnias are so easy to grow from seed. They don't ask for much, other than making sure you cut the flowers, and they just keep blooming! My veggie garden is trial and error. Lots of error. My cucumbers didn't produce much this year. I overplanted the tomatoes and I have way too much! I didn't get the Gardner or Slaughter arcs either. I requested the Gardner and they never responded and I didn't bother with the Slaughter book because they hardly ever approve me. I requested both from my library as audios and got them pretty quick. You'll love the Slaughter book!
DeleteYour roses are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteMenopause is such a monster.
Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading
Thank you! Yes, it's the gift no one wants! You have a wonderful week, too!
DeleteI hope your husband gets some answers from the MRI and that the next steps go smoothly. Your roses look like they’re loving those cooler temperatures, and three completed puzzles is impressive! Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteI hope so, too! Thank you! You too!
DeleteHopefully he won't have to have surgery. That's sucks. Beautiful roses.
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure he will. I just hope the recovery won't be too bad.
DeleteI'm sorry about your husband's arm. That's no fun. And menopause is a neverending not-fun carnival ride...the kind that leaves you feeling sick afterwards. ;D
ReplyDeleteHaha! I've been on those carnival rides and yeah, no thanks! :)
DeleteIsn't menopause a delight? I have my check up in a couple weeks and I'm looking forward to seeing my bloodwork - I have been working with a dietician since May and hope to see my A1C go down... We will see in a couple weeks.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous roses and glad the end of summer temps are allowing such lovely blooms. Oh yes, the quirks to the body from menopause...
ReplyDeleteWishing your hubby well for his surgery and hope it feels much better after.
Fun puzzles!
Have a great week, Rachel!
Your roses are gorgeous. I hope it doesn't take too long for your husband to get whatever treatment he needs. That must be painful. I love seeing your puzzles that you put together. I am looking forward to the Lisa Jewell and Karin Slaughter books. I have the audiobook for both. I hope you enjoy your new additions, I have two of them as well. I hope your upcoming week is a good one.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful roses! Well, if he decides to go for the surgery, I hope it helpful. That pumpkin patch reminded me of the long squash seedling a neighbor gave me today. I've never eaten it, but am game to try! If it grows well.
ReplyDelete