I'll Be Watching You (Angelhart Investigations #3) by Allison Brennan
Publication Date: September 15th 2026 by Hanover Square Press & Harlequin Audio
Pages: 384
Audiobook Length: 10hrs 39min
Narrator: Hillary Huber
Source: Publishers
Rating: ★★★★
My
Thoughts:
Three and a half years ago, Margo Angelhart's father,
Cooper, confessed to murdering a fellow doctor. Margo never believed he was
guilty, but neither Cooper nor her mother, Ava, would explain why he confessed.
After leaving the family PI firm over the disagreement, Margo is finally back
working with her family.
When a nurse from Cooper's past contacts Margo with
potential evidence, she's murdered before she can talk. At the same time,
Cooper is unexpectedly transferred to a maximum-security prison. As the danger
escalates, Ava finally reveals the truth behind Cooper's confession, putting
the entire family at risk.
I'm a big fan of Allison Brennan's mysteries, and I'll
Be Watching You delivers another compelling mix of likable characters,
suspense, and page-turning twists. As the culmination of a mystery that's been
building since the first book, this installment brings long-awaited answers
while keeping the tension high.
The investigation is both methodical and urgent, with
ongoing personal storylines. Margo and DEA agent Cal continue to grow closer,
while hints of a romance between Nate and Luisa add another layer of interest.
I alternated between the audiobook and e-book and can
recommend either. Hillary Huber gives another excellent performance, bringing
both the characters and suspense to life. She's one of my favorite narrators,
and her performance continues to elevate this series!
4 Stars
Book Description:
In New York Times bestselling author Allison Brennan’s latest Angelhart Investigations novel, Margo finally has a new lead in the case that tore her family apart.
Private investigator Margo Angelhart has recently rejoined her family’s PI business, but she never forgot the reason she walked away. Three and a half years ago, her father, Dr. Cooper Angelhart, pled guilty to killing his colleague. While she never believed he was guilty, her mother, Ava, refused to help investigate and wouldn’t explain why.
When a nurse who once worked with Cooper reaches out, Margo leaps at what could be a potential lead…only to stumble across the nurse’s grisly murder. Then, Cooper is mysteriously transferred to a penitentiary out of state in the middle of the night, and Ava finally discloses why her husband confessed to a murder he didn’t commit.
Now the entire Angelhart family must fight to clear Cooper’s name. But every step they take drags them deeper into a deadly conspiracy…and into the crosshairs of some very powerful people with fortunes on the line. They’ve killed to keep their secrets before. And this time, the target is an Angelhart.


Three books to get answers. You are more patient than I am.
ReplyDeleteEach book had its own central mystery with this one brewing in the background, so I didn't really need to be patient since I loved each mystery!
DeleteI like Huber. Glad you finally got some answers!
ReplyDeleteShe's wonderful! Me too! I hope the series continues, though!
DeleteGreat review! Mine is tomorrow. I just love Brennan's current series.
ReplyDeleteAnne - Books of My Heart
Me too! I look forward to your review, Anne!
DeleteI've never read a Allison Brennan but she sounds right up my alley. This series sounds fantastic!
ReplyDeleteI love her books! I hope you give her a try!
DeleteLooks like you can cut the suspense with a knife! :)
ReplyDeleteYes! :)
DeleteBrennan does write good suspense reads. I need to start this series before I'm even further behind in it. ;D
ReplyDeleteI hope you get to it! I'd start with the prequel novella first. :)
DeleteThat sounds like a good murder mystery.
ReplyDeleteIt was!
DeleteShe's one of those authors who I've never read but have heard such great things about. Where would you suggest I start if I wanted to read my first?
ReplyDeleteI'd start with her Max Revere series: Notorious is the first book. The audios are the way to go! Each book has its own mystery that's solved with a continuing story arc progressing with each book.
DeleteOhhh intriguing
ReplyDelete