Saturday, July 25, 2026

Sunday Post #346

 


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. I'm also linking up to The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance @Readerbuzz.

Happy Sunday!

We got back from Montana late Monday and I still feel like I'm catching up! We had a nice time with family and had friends over for dinner a few nights during our stay. As fun as it all was it's nice to be home, back to our quiet life. 

The weather was very fickle. It rained several times but it was mostly warm and sunny during the day.

Here at home it's been hot, in the 90s and my tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, zucchini, summer squash plants have been producing a lot. Our little peach tree also has a ton of fruit and we're having peach crumble tonight (Saturday). I've also been harvesting blackberries and my husband has been vacuum sealing and freezing them. I'll also be making some blackberry jam as more ripen. 

1000 Piece Puzzle completed in Montana: Let's Go Camping by Spaghetti Tree
Puzzle #36 of 2026

1000 Piece Puzzle Completed in Montana: City Life by Mon Joli
Puzzle #37 of 2026

1000 Piece Puzzle Completed: Hometown Falls by Milton Bradley
Puzzle #38 of 2026



Read over the last two weeks:

The Delivery by Gregg Hurwitz
The Escape Game by Marissa Meyer & Tamara Moss
Revelations: How To Be a Werewolf by Jan Stryvant
If Books Could Kill by Kate Eberle

Unpredictable Magic by Faith Hunter
The Lion's Tusk by Robert Jackson Bennett
Chase Me if You Can by Heather Frances

The Delivery by Gregg Hurwitz-4 Stars
The Escape Game (The Escape Game #1) by Marissa Meyer & Tamara Moss-4 Stars
The Lion's Tusk by Robert Jackson Bennett-4 Stars


Received:

The Women in White by Sarah Pekkanen
The Lion's Tusk by Robert Jackson Bennett
A Trade of Blood by Robert Jackson Bennett

The Women in White by Sarah Pekkanen
The Lion's Tusk (Shadow of the Leviathan) by Robert Jackson Bennett
A Trade of Blood (Shadow of the Leviathan #3) by Robert Jackson Bennett

Thank you to Macmillan Audio, Brilliance Publishing and Del Rey!



How was your week?






15 comments:

  1. I've been very curious about If Books Could Kill, hope you enjoyed it!

    And maaan, I need to get back to reading A Trade of Blood.

    Here's my Sunday post/weekly roundup: https://breathesbooks.com/2026/07/25/stacking-the-shelves-the-sunday-post-137/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the puzzles and that your garden is producing.
    rkrsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am like you. Love to be somewhere for a bit but am happy when I return home. It's wonderful your garden is so bountiful despite the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip, and I bet it was nice to come home with fresh tomatoes, peaches, and blackberries waiting for you! Three 1,000-piece puzzles in one trip is impressive, too. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo is stunning - what an amazing sky. And what a treat that your garden is so productive. Ours currently is a weed-infested mess. But I'm determined next year to have it looking a lot better! I've been loving the Robert Jackson Bennett series and have yet to tuck into A Trade of Blood. Have a lovely week, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing the puzzle completions. Sounds like a great trip. Hope this week ahead is great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for the return from Montana and glad you had such a great time. I just LOVE that state. Its so beautiful and love all the huckleberry things lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, Revelations looks good, I'll have to check out your review. Yay for a nice trip to Montana! It has been so hot here too. Hope you have a good week!
    https://lisalovesliterature.bookblog.io/2026/07/26/weekly-wrap-up-july-26-2026/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to be home and I think I am almost caught up and a light week ahead! I wish I had your garden plants / weather. You seem to have adjusted quickly from southern to northern CA gardening. Hope to see you at the chat if you can make it.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a nice vacation! Those puzzles look so beautiful!

    Here’s my The Sunday Watch

    The Surreal Movies and TV Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST MOVIE AND TV BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you had a good time in Montana and that the weather is ok. Here this summer has been wafully hot and dry and all fruits are falling too early from the trees as they are thirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the puzzles. I haven't done one in years. I love seeing pictures of Montana.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great trip! I am jealous of your fruit trees. I've been eating lots of nectarines lately.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blackberry Jam is my favorite. Dare I say, it is my jam? LOL. Ok sorry for being a nerd. All of your books look fun, especially the storm chasers one.

    ReplyDelete