Sunday, May 18, 2014

Wave of Sunday #60




Welcome to our weekly edition of Waves of Sunday where each Sunday we spotlight a book that has been making waves in the book scene or has simply caught our attention causing a riptide on our TBR.

Today we are spotlighting:



Push (Push #1) by Claire Wallis
Publication Date: May 1st 2014 by Harlequin MIRA
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

About the book:


I feel like I am wrapped in a cyclone. Everything is whirling around me, drawing the air out of my lungs and filling me with the best kind of turmoil. Every time his tongue slides against mine, a prickle in my gut tells me how right we are together. How much I need David. How much I need us.

I hope the cyclone never stops.

Emma Searfoss has spent a lifetime trying to escape her abusive stepfather. It's why she moved far away from home. It's why she's kept no ties with her remaining family. And it's why she's got a major rage problem. When her neighbor shows up to fix the kitchen in her new apartment, his enigmatic charm calms the fire in her. David is cool and collected, and he makes Emma feel safe for the first time ever. But David has his own chilling past—his six previous girlfriends have all disappeared without a trace. Emma's walking a dangerous line, but David's pull is intoxicating. And impossible to resist…

This is a new adult romance with mature content for readers 17 and up.


Rachel's Thoughts:
I saw this around on Goodreads recently and I'm EXTREMELY curious! Emma and David's relationship sounds very sweet, but then you come to the fact that David has had six girlfriends that have gone missing and that's a definite red light flashing: DANGER!! WTH?! I want to believe that David had nothing to do with their disappearances, and I'll be rooting for that the entire read, but what are the chances? I do have a theory, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm dreading the cliffhanger because there is no release date shown for the second book. Eeek! I plan on reading this very soon, probably the beginning of June, so I guess we'll see.

What about you, readers? Has anyone read this yet? And if so, what did you think?


Brandie's Thoughts:
The synopsis started off making me think it's just like any other NA book I've ever read...until it gets to the part about his past girlfriends all having disappeared. NOW you have my attention! This sounds really good and like a must read!! I don't know about it being a cliffhanger book, though...I may have to wait until the next book is out so I don't torture myself. But this one is definitely going on my TBR list!

No comments:

Post a Comment