Sunday, July 19, 2015

Waves of Sunday #65

Welcome to our weekly edition of Waves of Sunday where each Sunday we spotlight a book that has been making waves in the book scene or has simply caught our attention causing a riptide on our TBR. 

Today we are spotlighting:
Broken (Broken Trilogy #1) by J.L. Drake
Published by Limitless Publishing (first published March 2nd 2015)
My name is Savannah Miller.

My father is the mayor of New York. One day after my twenty-seventh birthday I was grabbed from behind. A cloth sack was quickly pulled over my head, and I was taken from everything I’d ever known.

I was beaten, starved, treated like an animal, and forced to live in a room with no windows. With no sense of time and no dignity left I finally gave up hope and made a promise to myself to end it all.


Unfortunately, it was going to be a slow process.

Then one night an elite group of US Army soldiers came to my rescue. I was brought to a safe house and given two options:

One- Stay under their protection and follow their rules or…

Two- Leave and be guaranteed to be returned to the savages within a week.

I chose option one.

As I work with a therapist and begin processing my hellish ordeal things slowly begin to surface. With the help of new friends and a potential new love I fight to get my life back and make choices that will forever alter my future.

This is my story…

*Warning cliffhanger ending* 

Arlene's Thoughts
Oh wow! This story sounds intense, emotional and potentially disturbing. I've dabbled in all three with the likes of Captive in the Dark and Stolen, so I'm not unfamiliar with the potential effects this kind of story can have on my psyche. It's shear curiosity that will have me diving into Broken by J.L. Drake. Who's with me??

Rachel's Thoughts:
This does sound intense, Arlene! I'm wondering what kind of organization would potentially return her to her captives? Sounds a little fishy to me. Captive in the Dark was a series that left a definite impression on me, so I wonder if this will be as brutal.  And cliffhanger?! Eeeek! I'm very curious.


2 comments: