Sunday, November 8, 2015

Waves of Sunday #79

Welcome to our weekly edition of Waves of Sunday where each Sunday we spotlight a book that has been making waves in the book scene or has simply caught our attention causing a riptide on our TBR.
Today we are spotlighting:
Published March 24th 2015
Fisher,
I guess this is it, huh? After fourteen years together, starting a life of our own on this island, five deployments and countless letters I’ve written you through it all, I finally go out to the mailbox and see something I’ve always dreamed of: an envelope with your handwriting on it. For one moment, I actually thought you’d changed your mind, that all the awful things you said to me were just your way of coping after everything you’d been through. I was still here, Fisher. I was still here, holding my breath, waiting for you to come back even though you told me you never would. You always said you’d find your way back to me. Out of all the lies you’ve told me, this one hurts the most.

Enclosed you will find the signed divorce papers, as requested.
I hope you find what you’re looking for. I’m sorry it wasn’t me.
Lucy

To get the ending they want, Lucy and Fisher will have to go back to the beginning. Through the good and the bad, they’ll be reminded of why they always made their way back to each other, and why this time, one way or another, it will be the last time. 

Arlene's Thoughts
Fisher's Light has a few things going for it right off the bat.  First off, I'm a fan of Tara Sivec. I've read a few of her novels and know that she's an amazing writer whether she's attempting to be funny, emotional or simply relatable.  Second, I enjoy reading books with military themes, and couple that with a soldier that sounds like he's nursing some battle scars that are tearing him apart, I already know my heart is going to fall to pieces for Fisher. Lastly, I have to believe that the raving reviews are on to something, so I can't wait to find out how Fisher's Light turns out. I have a feeling it's going to be an emotional roll a coaster! Watch out!

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds like it would be so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fantastic, and it will rip you apart before putting you back together!

    ReplyDelete