Thursday, February 4, 2016

Movie Release & Book Review: The Choice by Nicholas Sparks

Nicholas Sparks fans are in for a big treat as his latest movie release based on his book The Choice is hitting theaters everywhere! 
Original Book Cover
The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
Published December 22nd 2015 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 2007)
#1 New York Times bestseller Nicholas Sparks turns his unrivaled talents to a new tale about love found and lost, and the choices we hope we'll never have to make.

Travis Parker has everything a man could want: a good job, loyal friends, even a waterfront home in small-town North Carolina. In full pursuit of the good life - boating, swimming , and regular barbecues with his good-natured buddies -- he holds the vague conviction that a serious relationship with a woman would only cramp his style. That is, until Gabby Holland moves in next door. Spanning the eventful years of young love, marriage and family, THE CHOICE ultimately confronts us with the most heart wrenching question of all: how far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?
My Thoughts

Really enjoyed this one! Now I’m ready to watch the movie. :)

I’ve had The Choice by Nicholas Sparks on my reading queue for quite a few years. But as with his other novels, I’m always very hesitant to dive into his stories because it’s either a love or hate situation with Sparks and his novels. There are no in betweens with this author. He either taps into my emotional psyche and has me on the verge of tears, or takes me to the opposite extreme where I want to fling the book right out the window. The Choice was the former and not the latter.

Living in a small North Carolina town, Travis Parker has the perfect life that’s pampered with a good job, amazing friends and extreme vacations that any bachelor would envy. However when his new neighbor Gabby Holland comes storming into his yard, his existence is turned upside down in a matter of days. But spending time with Gabby, Travis begins to realize what has been missing in his life. When these two eventually fall in love, tough choices coupled with devastating events has Travis wondering “how far should a person go in the name of true love?”

I really enjoyed this story. Despite the rocky start and my mixed feelings about Gabby being in a relationship when she got together with Travis, there was no doubt Travis and Gabby truly loved each other. It was interesting to see how Sparks decided to build the story to ultimately reach its climatic turn of events.

However, what had me applauding Sparks was his decision to end this story in a way that the readers, or myself in this case, didn’t regret falling for Travis and Gabby. I loved their story and adored the final conclusion that was hard earned and most definitely deserved.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with the ending... Not what I was expecting from Sparks. And, I truly enjoyed the story. I’m excited to see how this novel is translated to film. It’s sure to be a tear jerker. Bring it on!
4 Suns

Movie Tie-in Edition Book Cover of The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
The Choice Movie Trailer

Be sure to let us know if you plan to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment