Sunday, June 7, 2020

Sunday Post #77


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. 

It's been a busy weekend (which is why this is late). I went up to our place in Central California with family.  Cooked, babysat and did a six mile hike (pictures below).  
I had a large gopher/rattlesnake in my path.  Didn't want to get close enough to check! The weather was unusually cool for this time of year which was amazing for hiking.



Read:
Click on cover for Goodreads link:



The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires wasn't your usual vampire book with the "nice" romantic versions.  Loved Alpha Night. Nalini Singh's spinoff from Psy-Changeling series has been a hit for me. This is my third time through Night Broken.  I don't know why I'm compelled to listen to Mercy while hiking, but I started it on my hike this weekend and finished it today. Still think Mercy deserves a medal for not strangling Christy!

Received/Purchased/Library Lend:
Click on cover for Goodreads link:



I requested the audio at my library and it finally came through. Lovewrecked is an enemies to lovers romance and it sounds so good. It was up on Kindle Unlimited.

Watched:


Other than kids movies this weekend I continued binge-watching Heartland. I'm addicted!


How was your week?



15 comments:

  1. You're bound to find some nature on those nature walks, though I would take the gopher over the snake any day. Sounds like a lovely way to spend your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hiking when it's cool! So much more enjoyable haha. and yikes- glad you didn't have to get to close to the snake. You never know with wildlife!

    I want to get The Other People. Sounds really good.

    Be well this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoyed your hike! I tend to run into at least one snake every time I go for a hike!
    Have a great week and enjoy your new reads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed Alpha Night! I loved it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love hiking and its so nice in cooler weather. Its why I like to go in the mornings or evenings. I hardly ever see snakes I normally see deer and elk.

    I just adored Alpha Night so much. I have been impressed with how she has built up this Psy Changeling world. And surprisingly I adored the heroine. I sometimes struggle with alpha females, but her character was so well written and loved how she fought for the hero. Hope you have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah, that's one crazy hike! Nicely done. I hope you had a good weekend, despite it being busy. I need to read more from C.J. Tudor - I loved The Chalk Man.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires on so many blogs, but have yet to pick it up. I am partial to Buffy and Angel though, so I am not sure how I would do with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are reading some great books! It's great it was cool for hiking. It's hot here.

    Stay safe and be well!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great weekend! Hope your week is even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. EEEK SNAKE!!!!

    ALso almost done with alpha night, all the feels

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice views and listen for your hike this weekend. A great way to spend a cooler day.
    LOL, I've thought the same thing in reference to Mercy's tolerance of Christy.

    Have a good week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whew! Glad you saw that snake before you got to him! I've been wanting to read The Southern Book Club. I'll need to go make sure it's on my library request list. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you had a nice hike, and stayed clear of the rattlesnake/gopher! I've enjoyed a few of Halle's books, so it sounds like I need to check out Love Wrecked. It's so nice when the library comes through wish TBE audio books, since they're so expensive. I hope you have a great week Rachel!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sure hope that was a gopher. :) I still haven’t read anything by Tudor but I have several on my radar. Audio books seem perfect for hiking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad you were able to go hiking this past weekend and the weather cooperated! It'll be getting hot all too soon.

    I hope you enjoyed The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires. I read that one recently too. Enjoy your current and upcoming reads!

    Have a great rest of the week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete