Saturday, March 6, 2021

Sunday Post #111

 

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week.

The last couple of weeks have been super busy which is why I didn't post last week. 

We've had beautiful sunny weather here! The winter/spring time of year is why people love California so much. Yesterday  we had a high of 77 and today a high of 71. My wisteria is budding already and the hills are green for now.  We have rain in the forecast this week. We always need it!  

With the lovely weather I went and purchased a bunch of plants and plant them. I've been doing a bunch of sprucing up of the house as well. 

My new blue hydrangea:

Made a new (artificial) arrangement for the house:

Read:
Click on cover for Goodreads link:


Two weeks worth of reading. Most done by audio. All were wins. I have a giveaway running for both A Lady's Formula for Love and One Snowy Night if you're interested.

Received/Purchased/Library Lend:
Click on cover for Goodreads link:

Snatched up Lone Wolf from Kindle Unlimited and the Audible Plus catalog after seeing Lark's review. I just can't resist a sexy cowboy as evidenced by the two in the middle. The Kindred Spirits Supper Club sounded cute. 


Watched:

My go-to's: Heartland and Forensic Files.  In other words, nothing new...




How was your week?

18 comments:

  1. That sounds like perfect weather. a high of 77- yup I could live with that. :) And I like the hydrangeas- so pretty.

    I love the look of the Raybourn books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weather sounds lovely. And the hydrangea looks so pretty. Our spring is quite short lived so not much gardening around here. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have had a very productive week and great that the weather has been so lovely for you. 😊 I'm afraid my week was a bit of grey blur, however I have been enjoying reading The Testament of Loki by Joanne M. Harris and signs that spring is coming! 🌼 Take care and happy reading in the coming week. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hydrangeas. We had a huge bush in front of my childhood home that I was always snipping from. I have a copy of Supper Club too. I agree, sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in California too and yes, the weather is great! We even tried to go to the pool the other day (but its not heated yet, lol). Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved A Lady's Formula for Love! Such a delightful story!! Enjoy the nice weather- It's still pretty cold here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel! Life is super busy on my side as well and I hardly have any time for blogging.

    An unexpected peril seems really good and I like the cover of Lone Wolf.

    Hope your week will be a bit better and that you at least have lots of time for reading.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to do the outdoor things! It's more like 50-60 here but it will be sun this week and it's been so much rain here. You have some great reads! I loved Lone Wolf and now got it on KU for my daughter. She's reading my K9 series books now. Have a great week!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Those flowers look so beautiful! I need to get me some flowers soon! Hope you have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the flowers. I have fake plants and flowers in my apartment because I kill everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes you just get so busy that you have to take a break from the blog posts. California spring is so beautiful and I love your flowers inside and outside. Love that you have that talent to arrange the flowers. You have me curious about Lone Wolf. I got the Kindred Spirits Supper Club, too.

    Have a great week, RAchel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been trying gardening since the pandemic started. blue hydrangea are my fav! Yours is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope some of your busyness was fun! Yay for warmer, nicer weather. I'm having some warm days this week before it gets chilly again so I'm hoping to get outside as much as I can.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like springtime at your house! Your hydrangea is beautiful. I know absolutely nothing about flowers/plants but the previous owners of our house had a couple hydrangeas planted. They've come back both years we've lived here so they must thrive on neglect. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been enjoying the warmer weather, but I do hope we get the expected rain this week. Your hydrangea is beautiful as it the floral arrangement you made. It looks like you read some great books this past week. I am looking forward to reading An Unexpected Peril and The Ex Talk. I look forward to your thoughts on The Kindred Spirits Supper Club. I think I would like that one too!

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your flowers are beautiful! I love the peonies in the artificial arrangement and hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers. Sounds like lovely weather! We've had lots of sunshine but it's just a bit too cold for me. I'm hoping it warms up just a little bit and before the mosquitoes come out! Have a great wee!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful flowers, I’ve purchased some different artificial flowers for the house and they all look fab, it’s great for adding year round colour.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete