Sunday, June 13, 2021

Sunday Post #124

 

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week.

I worked three days this week and had Thursday and Friday off. Went to the doctor for a sorely overdue routine checkup: bloodwork, updated my tetanus vaccine. Lounged by the pool, read, and just caught up on home chores. My husband and I tried a new restaurant for lunch down in a part of town that's gone under a lot of revitalization. It's so cute now! The place was a micro brewery and the food was delicious! 

Even though it's not officially Summer we had hot temps, in the high 80s and 90s this last week and next week five of the seven days will be over 100! Tuesday and Wednesday are supposed to be 112! I don't mind 80s and 90s, but I hate it when it's over 100! 


Read:
Click on cover for Goodreads link:

I had an excellent reading week, all my books were a win! Hearts in Darkness is a novella I first read about ten years ago and loved. I re-read and found it to be just as good as the first time! Forced proximity romance where the couple meet and fall for each other while trapped in an elevator with the lights/power out. I adored Float Plan which made me want to plan a sailing trip through the Caribbean. Down Too Deep was so good! I love single parents helping each other out. Cute, funny kids are a bonus! The Summer Cottage was another book that made me long to be on vacation, this time at a picturesque small lake town. I'm giving away a copy HERE

Received/Purchased/Library Lend:
Click on cover for Goodreads link:

I bought an audio copy of Orphan X and The Night Swim since they were on sale at Chirp. I listened to The Night Swim and loved it, so I needed my own copy and I've heard good things about Orphan X. I'm looking forward to The Mixtape. It'll be the first book I've read by Brittainy Cherry.

Instagram:

Almost finished with Match Made in Paradise and I'm really enjoying it!



Watched:


I've been binge watching and it is sooo funny!



How was your week?



30 comments:

  1. Doller mostly sold me on that sailing voyage. Every place sounded so wonderful in that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I'd love to research and go sailing! A dream that I should put on my bucket list.

      Delete
  2. I hate when the temps are over 100, too. We're in for a week of 100+ days here where I live and I am not looking forward to it. That's July kind of weather, not June! And I'm glad you loved Float Plan, too. It's such a great book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it too! I need to get out of Southern California! It was such a great book!

      Delete
  3. Your short work week sounds wonderful - especially the lounging by the pool part. :) I loved Down Too Deep! That one packed more of an emotional punch than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the Night Swim! I still want to read that one. I'm glad you got some time off. We have done a bunch of med appts over this past month now that we are vaccinated. I need to update my tetanus also though.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Anne! You need to get to The Night Swim! Especially since it's on sale at Chirp. I hate going to the doctor, but it's all part of life, I guess. :/

      Delete
  5. Yay for time off and for trying a new restaurant! Anything over 100 degrees is just unnecessary. It is unbearable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hearts in Darkness is a great book. I loved that one. It's going to be over 100 this week for us too and I'm not looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm happy that you loved it, too! I hate the new norm of higher temps here in So Cal. :(

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh next week you will melt Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew! You're in for a scorcher next week. Fun that your new restaurant was a hit. Good on you to do your check ups, too.
    I loved Hearts in Darkness. I still need to read the sequel. I love catching some good ones on Chirp sales.

    Have a good week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate going to the dr. but it is what it is. I still need to read the sequel too. I downloaded it, just need to read it. You too, Sophia!

      Delete
  9. I love finding new restaurants like that! sounds nice.

    Over 100 is WAY too hot!

    Schitt's creek I kinda want to watch since I liked Emily Hampshire in another show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I think you'd love Schitt's Creek, Greg!

      Delete
  10. I'm actually kinda jealous of your fine weather. It's been 60 and rainy here in the PNW. I've been rewatching Lucifer. Forgot how funny it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Pacific North West! I'd move right now if I could!

      Delete
  11. Sounds like a pretty good week! I had some really hot temps over the weekend, but I think it's supposed to cool down some as the week goes on.

    I loved The Night Swim - I'm glad you did too!!!

    -lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already done with the Summer and it hasn't even started! Yes, such a great story!

      Delete
  12. I love weeks like the week you've had! Definitely makes it easier to get rid of some books from my TBR.

    I hope you'll have a great week coming up as well, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are very beautiful reads, i am presently reading Widows revenge by Lynda la plante.
    Is there an online bookclub you can recommend.

    Glowyshoe's blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know of an online book club, but there are Facebook groups for several book series that I know.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Yep! I've had to stay indoors unless I'm in the pool. :/

      Delete