Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Review: Soul Taken by Patricia Briggs

 

Soul Taken (Mercy Thompson #13) by Patricia Briggs
Publication Date: August 23rd 2022 by Ace
Pages: 352
Source: Publisher 
Rating: 
Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Audible | Goodreads

My Thoughts:
You’d think after thirteen books the Mercy Thompson series might have lost some of its shine, but not so! I was riveted from page one! Wulfe, the vampire obsessed with Mercy, has gone missing and Marsilia, head of the seethe, insists Adam and Mercy find him, or else. However, it seems he isn’t the only one gone. Lots going on here and there’s some information revealed about Sherwood that had me shocked! I don’t want to spill anything more about the plot, just to say it was sooo good!! I love the way Mercy thinks ahead, always strategizing. Still, she doesn’t pick up on everything and who could blame her with so much happening? Of course one of my favorite things about the series is Mercy and Adam’s relationship. They’ve had a few bumps over the course of the series, but they form a united front for anything that comes up against them and their passion for each other comes through loud and clear!

The Mercy Thompson series is my all-time favorite UF series! I’ve read and re-read it multiple times, so Soul Taken was one of my most anticipated reads for 2022. When I got the ARC of Soul Taken, I set aside all my other books and read it and I’ve already ordered the audio version to re-read, and a physical copy for my shelf, so as you can guess I highly recommend it! This is very much a series you need to read in order to appreciate all that is going on, but boy are you in for a treat if you haven’t started it! The audios are fantastic with Lorelei King narrating, her voice has become Mercy to me! Her comedic timing is excellent, and she performs all voices: accents, male, female, etc., superbly! Perfection!

5 Stars

Book Description:

The vampire Wulfe is missing. Since he’s deadly, possibly insane, and his current idea of “fun” is stalking me, some may see it as no great loss. But, warned that his disappearance might bring down the carefully constructed alliances that keep our pack safe, my mate and I must find Wulfe—and hope he’s still alive. As alive as a vampire can be, anyway.

But Wulfe isn’t the only one who has disappeared. And now there are bodies, too. Has the Harvester returned to the Tri-Cities, reaping souls with his cursed sickle? Or is he just a character from a B horror movie and our enemy is someone else?

The farther I follow Wulfe’s trail, the more twisted—and darker—the path becomes. I need to figure out what’s going on before the next body on the ground is mine.

16 comments:

  1. How exciting that the series is as strong as ever more than a dozen books in! I have sooo many series in progress right now but this one is definitely on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd love this series, Tanya! I hope you pick it up and then I can't wait to hear your reactions!

      Delete
  2. Great review! One of my all-time favorite series too.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome that you loved the book! It sounds like a great urban fantasy series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series is SO great! I love it. And I can't wait to read this one; my hold of it just came in, so now you know how I'll be spending my weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Lark! I can't wait to hear what you think! So many interesting reveals in this one!

      Delete
  5. I've heard this series is fantastic! I'm so glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I've only read one of these but I really liked the PNW area setting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hearing such good things about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you. I was shocked with what we learned about Sherwood in this one. I have a signed copy ordered and will be adding the audiobook to my library as well. These books are just so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes. I do the same for favorite series. I own them in hardcover and audio, then snag ebooks on sale..lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad this lived up to your expectations! It's so wonderful when that happens!

    ReplyDelete