Tuesday, December 6, 2022

My Favorite Non-Review Books: November 2022

As a blogger sometimes writing reviews can feel like a chore so it seems I rarely write reviews for non-review books anymore. I feel bad about that, because it's not that I didn't enjoy them less than the books I review here, just that I don't have the time or energy to write a review for each and every book I read. I thought it would be nice to list my favorite non-review books each month to bring more attention to them.

Here are my favorite non-review books for November 2022 (all were read by audio):


The gang is back! The third book in the series, all 5 star reads for me! These four octogenarians are full of humor, but also poignant glimpses into aging and life. I LOVE this series so much! If you haven't picked it up you are missing out!
5 Stars



Pretty spooky! Especially when I listened on a night when my husband was out of town.

I've already listened to the second and third installment and have purchased the fourth. Just need to get through a few library lends before I can start. I'm excited to see what happens next as the third one was pretty wild. Great audio performance!
4 Stars




Another great Argeneau paranormal romance/mystery! I read the first couple of book a few years back and then didn't continue. I'm working my way through but I've been doing it backwards. This is installment 34 and I listened to 35 last month. Each can be read as a stand alone IMO. I'm excited that the audios all seem to be at my library. Score!
4 Stars



Simone St. James is a new-to-me author and I've already read five of her books (this is the 5th) and enjoyed every one. There's always a supernatural element to her mysteries and a bit of a romance. Just a little. Ghost 19 was a novella/short story with Brittany Pressley, (one of my favorites!), as the narrator.
4 Stars



How about you? Have you read any non-review books you loved?




24 comments:

  1. I recently discovered Simone St James and oh my goodness, she has me hooked. The Book of cold Cases was just insanely good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I loved that one too. I'm working my way through her backlist.

      Delete
  2. Those Osman books are everywhere and there is so much love for them. Glad you found so many hits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always review books but I have stepped back from doing in depth blog reviews and just more to the point shorter reviews on Goodreads. I had a fun time with that Lynsay Sands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's difficult to keep up otherwise, and I can imagine even more so for you, Renee! You read a lot more books than I do! :)

      Delete
  4. Dark House sounds interesting! I've yet to read anything by Halle but I know several blogger friends love her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read several books by her and I enjoy her writing. She has a flair for horror!

      Delete
  5. Interesting and I totally agree with 5 hearts for Richard Osman books.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a fan of Simone St. James, and I'm curious about Dark House. It looks like a fun spooky read. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm working my way through her backlist. I'll be reading more in the Darkhorse series. It's good and all the books are out. Win! :)

      Delete
  7. Dark House does look a little eerie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Richard Osman series is on my list. I think the Halle series is too spooky for me even if hubby was around. LOL Oh yes, I'm enjoying each Simone St. James I have read/listened to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you haven't read the Osman series?! I know you'll love it, Sophia!

      Delete
  9. I want to read the Richard Osman series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the Osman series yet though I have a friend who's been reminding me frequently :) Good idea to just do a quick blurb if that's all you have time for.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great series! Hope you love it as much as I do, Terrie!

      Delete
  11. I totally get it, Rachel. I would rather read than write reviews. I am constantly behind on writing them. I also listened to The Bullet That Missed and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Right?! I guess this is a little compromise. Nice to hear you loved it too, Carla! I can't wait for the gang's next adventure. :)

      Delete