Sunday, May 5, 2024

Sunday Post #249

 


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. I'm also linking up to The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance @Readerbuzz.

This week has been sunny and beautiful with highs in the high 60s/low 70s. Nothing exciting to report other than I got canceled from work because it's been so slow. I filled my days by running, gardening and reading. It was nice except for losing out on the money. 

Some lilacs in our yard. They smell amazing!





Today it's been pouring rain, turning to snow because it's so cold. Thankfully, it melted when it hit the ground. We don't need snow in May, especially since I have most of my seedlings planted. Thankfully, I've waited on planting the tomatoes and cucumbers as they don't do as well with the cold. 

I'll be heading out to Austin, Texas this next week to help my daughter move.

Read:


First Contact by Kim Harrison: 4 Stars
Ordinary Bear by C.B. Bernard: 4.5 Stars

I had a great reading week! I'm all caught up with the Below Stairs mysteries. Speculations in Sin has me eager for the next book, but since I'm all caught up I'll have to probably wait a year! Effie Olsen was a lovely combination of romance, found family, gorgeous setting and delicious sounding food! If you don't have a beach/vacation read picked out, this would be perfect! First Contact was an alien story with a hint of a romance. It was novella length and I'm eager to start the next one as  it ended in kind of a "to be continued" way. Ordinary Bear was a unique story, in a really good way! I hope to have my review up this next week.

April reading stats:
Books read: 15
ARCs: 8
Purchased/Library Lend: 7
Audiobooks: 12
E-copy: 2

Received:


Thank you to Minotaur Books, Penguin Audio and Berkley!

Instagram:






How was your week?


18 comments:

  1. Snow in May would be crazy! But our weather is extremely odd too this year to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers look lovely! Glad the snow didn't last-it does seem crazy to think about snow in May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your lilacs!! We transplanted our trees last year, and the area is a little shadier, so I'm hoping they still flower. We shall see!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully, work will pick up for you. Yay for a chance for downtime about the house before your trip to TX. Wow, yes, great reading week for you. Lovely lilacs! My white ones are in, but the purple ones are always a bit later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers! Wow, snow is crazy in May! The Effie Olsen book was one on my TBR. I also am excited for Love at First Book. Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those lilacs are gorgeous! I hope your weather warms up soon. And while I'm glad you're enjoying some time off, I hope work picks back up for you, too. Glad to know you enjoyed the newest Jennifer Ashley mystery; I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My lilacs are done. Boo. It's nice you have time off to do things and travel to Texas. Have a safe trip!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would lose it if any snow fell in May. It was cooler this weekend, high in the 50s, but I don't mind. I like it better than the 85+ we had last week. That's too hot for this time of year. What happened to the 60s and 70s? That's my sweet spot. Beautiful flowers! Do they smell? I love the smell of lilacs but have found some are not as fragrant as others. Good luck with the move! Don't pull anything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lilacs are so pretty. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't be able to deal with snow in May. I love those lilacs. My neighbours had some along the fence, but they cut them all down, I really miss them. Enjoy your time with your daughter, even though you will be busy helping her move. Have a great week, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the move!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've had a rainy, flood filled week. Over a foot of rain in a day made for some swampy conditions, but thankfully we were spared from any flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snow in May... I can't imagine! Those lilacs are so pretty. I hope your Austin trip goes well and your daughter gets moved with no hiccups.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucky you with those beautiful lilacs in your yard. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! Snow in May does not sound like fun. I hope you are able to get the rest of your garden planted.

    And enjoy your time in Austin. No snow here, happily!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those lilacs are gorgeous! My mom's never did bloom properly after I attempted to cut the bushes down a bit when they were blocking my view whenever I sat on the back porch. Oops.

    Hope all goes well with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful flowers. I enjoyed Speculations in Sin and First Contact is on my list. I just posted my review for Disturbing the Dead. It's a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope your daughter's move was successful. Such pretty lilacs! We had a bit of snowflakes today which turned to rain. You had a great month of reading in April.

    ReplyDelete