Saturday, December 21, 2013

Review: Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run #6) by Abigail Roux

Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run #6) by Abigail Roux
Published August 13th 2012 by Riptide Publishing
Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett have managed the impossible: a few months of peace and quiet. After nearly a year of personal and professional turmoil, they're living together conflict-free, work is going smoothly, and they're both happy, healthy, and home every night before dark. But anyone who knows them knows that can’t possibly last.

When an emergency call from home upsets the balance of their carefully arranged world, Ty and Zane must juggle family drama with a perplexing crime to save a helpless victim before time runs out.

From the mountains of West Virginia to a remote Texas horse ranch harboring more than just livestock and childhood memories, Ty and Zane must face their fears—and their families—to overcome an unlikely enemy and bring peace back into their newly shared world.

My Thoughts

“...there are so many paths in life. Some we choose, and some are chosen for us. We walk our paths without looking down and that's the life we lead. The only things you'll get from guessing where another path would have gone are questions you can't answer and heartache you can't ever soothe.”

Absolutely loved it!! 

Stars & Stripes is another phenomenal installment to my current obsession of the Cut & Run series. There’s nothing quite like a series that just gets better and better. Where I was momentarily worried about Abigail Roux flying solo for the duration of this series, all my doubts have been cast aside. The characters, pacing, plot and dialog were all true to form, and I couldn’t have asked for anything more.LOVED.STARS.&.STRIPES. TO.PIECES!! Have I said that before? Well I’m saying it again...LOVED IT!

Stars & Stripes takes Ty and Zane back to their respective home towns in West Virginia and Texas where they reveal their relationship to each of their families. On top of this emotional revelation, there’s also an attack on the Garrett Family Ranch, where Zane is forced to head back home and face the pressures and demands he’s tried so hard to leave behind. When Ty and Zane begin to investigate the crime, they soon become targets and are forced to put themselves in harm’s way to uncover the enemy.

Since the beginning of Ty and Zane’s relationship it’s been rewarding to see these two characters grow together in more ways than one. They both have seedy pasts and it’s been hard for them to reveal their darkest moments to each other, but I have to say in this installment there were some emotional revelations and heartfelt moments. I was emotionally gripped by the conversations these two had around family, hopes and desires. They are slowly building a bond that despite feeling unbreakable from the beginning only fuels the sincerity and rightness of the situation. There’s no doubt these two characters belong together and I love watching them grow emotionally as a unit.

Ty and Zane’s chemistry was, as always, off the charts in this installment. The intimacy and care these two show for each other is what makes me a true fan of this dynamic duo. I love their dialog and occasional sparring, but most of all I truly enjoy the emotional connection these two have. It never gets old and I just can’t quite get enough. Favorite couple EVER! What was even more enjoyable was the lighthearted side of Ty that truly shined in this book. He was entertaining, funny and clever as hell. What a treat!

It was also joy to meet Zane’s dad Harrison in this installment. I loved how accepting he was of his son and how he welcomed Ty into the family. His loyalty to Zane never wavered and it was great to see how far this father would go to make sure he protected his family and his home. What I enjoyed even more was the immediate connection he had with Ty. I loved that he gifted him with Hoss and the analogy he made in that moment.“You brought my son back and turned him into a beautiful thing. I expect you’ll take the same care with that ol’ Hoss.”Great character addition to the series cast that I was honored to meet.

Overall, I have to say that this book is at the top of my favorites, right next to the Fish & Chips installment. I’m sadly moving on to the next and last book that’s currently out, so I don’t quite know how I’ll handle myself once I have no more Ty and Zane to enjoy. It’ll be hard to wait for subsequent releases because the addiction is off the charts. Best series ever and favorite couple of all time. Love.love.love!
5 Suns

2 comments:

  1. I love this series and can't wait for Ball & Chain to come out in March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Kathy! I don't want to read the last book until closer to the Ball & Chain release. I like the idea of having more Ty and Zane to enjoy. I'm addicted!

      Delete