Saturday, January 11, 2014

Review: Stay with Me (With Me #1) by Elyssa Patrick

Stay With Me (With Me #1) by Elyssa Patrick
New Adult/Contemporary Romance - recommended for ages 17 and up.
Published August 30th 2013 by Elyssa Patrick
With one look, I’m his . . .

With one touch, he’s mine . . .

With one kiss, it changes everything between us . . .

I’ve been famous since I can remember. Singing, acting, dancing—I’ve done it all. The tabloids cover my every move, but I don’t want that anymore. I want to be normal, whatever that is.

When I leave Hollywood for college in Vermont, I’m on my own for the first time in my life. This is my chance to figure out who I am and what I want in life.

But it’s a lot harder than I expected. I can’t escape my image. Classes are difficult, and I’m struggling. And then there’s Caleb Fox.

Sexy, intriguing Caleb Fox.

Caleb is the one man who doesn’t want to use me. He breaks down my walls. He challenges me. He wants me. And I just don’t know if I can give him the same—or if he’ll stick around when he finds out my shameful secret that the tabloids haven’t managed to uncover.

Dating him is risky enough, but loving him could break me.

My Thoughts
Stay With Me caught my eye right away, and I was really looking forward to jumping into this novel about a rock star who leaves it all behind to finally start to live the life she defines for herself. Hailey Bloom had it all… fame, money, and fans that loved her movies and music. However, being in the spotlight from a very young age, she never got a chance to feel what “normal” was like; until the day she decides to walk away from the only life she’s known, to try something new.

I really enjoyed this story and was not disappointed one bit. What I loved most about Stay With Me was that it didn’t over-dramatize the character’s life in any way. From beginning to end, I felt like I was traveling right alongside Hailey as she started a new chapter of her life as a college student.

Caleb was a perfect addition to this story. He was not only too good to be true, but genuine, sweet and swoon-worthy. What’s not to love? Right from the beginning, there was no pretense with this character. What you saw is what you got. And, I loved to see how he handled falling in love with someone famous.

There was definite chemistry between Hailey and Caleb and they sure knew how to steam up the ePages of their story, but most of all their romance felt sincere. From the beginning, they were compatible. Caleb was a perfect fit for Hailey’s new life.

The secondary characters were fun to meet, and I even look forward to reading some of the roommates’ stories. The friendship and camaraderie among the cast is a storyline I’d like to continue reading.

Finally, I’m so glad the showdown between Hailey and her momager didn’t swallow up the essence of the story. This was about Hailey starting a new chapter in her life and learning to adjust to the pressures of being a student. It was very well done! I look forward to the next story in this series. Give me more!
4 Suns


No comments:

Post a Comment