Friday, April 15, 2016

Review: Asking For More by Lilah Pace



Asking for More (Asking for It #2.5) by Lilah Pace
Publication Date: March 15th 2016 by Intermix
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

About the book:

The incendiary author of Begging for It and Asking for It again plunges readers into the shadowy depths of love, pain, pleasure and peril...

How far is too far?

Finally sure of each other's strength and love, Jonah and Vivienne continue to explore their darkest fantasies together. However, what should be a night of ecstasy takes a dangerous turn, injuring Vivienne. She shrugs off the incident, but Jonah is haunted by it, particularly by the fear that others may believe he abuses her, or even glimpse the truth of their erotic obsession.

Then Jonah receives a call from his younger sister, Rebecca, who's dealing with trouble of her own in South America. When Vivienne travels with him to aid Rebecca, she learns yet more about his tortured history—and Jonah opens up to Vivienne as never before.

Can Vivienne help Jonah cast off the shadows of his past forever?

MATURE AUDIENCE

My Thoughts:
I gobbled up Vivienne and Jonah’s taboo romance in Asking For It and Begging For It (my reviews) finishing both books within a 24-hour period, and yet at the end I wished for a little more, like an epilogue.  I got what I asked for in Asking For More

I was pleased that I didn’t have to go back and re-read any portions of the previous books, I’d read this duology back in September 2015 so the details weren’t completely clear. The novella re-caps enough of the story so I was right back with Jonah and Vivienne.  Basically, their romance started when Jonah becomes aware of Vivienne’s kink: rape fantasies, a kink he shares.  What follows is supremely HOT, even though I say that feeling some guilt because, hey, it’s rape and violence we’re talking about here!  (If this is a trigger for you, I definitely DO NOT recommend these books!) The story isn’t just about the fulfillment of these fantasies.  The story is multi-layered and intense.  Surprisingly enough, their romance was tender, as well, especially as they open up and share how they came to need this kink.  

The novella takes us a little further into the future, we get some more hot role playing, but also see Jonah and Vivienne weather a couple of bumps in their relationship.  It was exactly what I was hoping for!  If you haven’t read this series, and don’t have issues with the subject matter I highly recommend it.

4 Suns




Connect with Lilah Pace:



1 comment:

  1. I kind of want to binge and read all of these -- I've heard the others are really good. I'm starting my fast re-read of The Raven Cycle next week so I can read TRK as soon as it's released even though there are already spoilers out there but maybe after that

    ReplyDelete