Saturday, October 13, 2018

Sunday Post #3



The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog.

I got back from my vacation on Sunday and as much fun as I had, it is nice to be home.  If definitely feels like Fall is in the air and it even rained last night!  It's still warm during the day, we get up to the 80's but cool off quickly.  I went to a steakhouse last night with family, a real old-fashioned one complete with sawdust on the floor, and had a great time!  I slept late today, and then got up and made cheddar cheese soup.  Cloudy, rainy days are perfect for making soup, right?

Read:
(Click on title for Goodreads link)




Got quite a few read on vacation.  Burn Bright was a re-read by audio and I loved it even more the 2nd time around! My husband loved it (1st time for him)! We listened to it right after Tailspin and he liked it a lot more! Season of Wonder was a perfect Winter holiday read.  I listened to The Search and liked it, but as with most Nora Roberts books it was about 100 pages too long. A Tall, Dark Cowboy Christmas was good, but not my favorite Maisey Yates. Consumed was fantastic! I loved every page and I can't wait until the next one!


Purchased/Received/Library Lend:
(Click on title for Goodreads link)


Her Last Day, Monkeewrench, and Dark House are all audio purchases.  I saw the 3rd book of the series by T.R. Ragan up on Netgalley and before I downloaded I wanted to see if the 1st book was any good. I read The Guilty Dead (book 9 of the Monkeewrench series) and enjoyed it so I wanted to go back to the beginning. It's really good so far!  I've had an e-copy of Dark House for ages and I was in the mood for a spooky story since it's October and all, so I thought I'd have more of a chance to get to it if I listened to an audio version.  I just got my library audio copy of The Simple Wild downloaded and can't wait since I've heard good things.

What I've Watched:



I guess it's been a week of Jacks!  Jack Reacher: Never Go Back was entertaining, and Jack Ryan is really good! I'm hooked! I have three more episodes left to watch in this first season and I'm trying to pace myself so it doesn't end too quickly.


Has anyone ever had a photo made into a canvas?  I bought an antique picture frame in Washington last week, and husband wanted to use it for one of our Paris photos.  That took a lot of time finagling with effects and having to resize it!  Let's hope the final result turns out nice, but this is the photo we chose:


Also, I have a giveaway running for the first eight books in the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones (click here) if you're interested.

How was your week?


34 comments:

  1. I've seen a few folks rave about Consumed, I might have to pick it up (after I finally finish black dagger brotherhood)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love Consumed, Lulu! Make sure to read the free novellas first. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a relaxing week, Rachel! Fall will be in full swing for you soon, I'm sure and soup is fantastic for a rainy and cloudy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice books. I enjoyed Dark House. And glad that you enjoyed your vacation. I always need a couple of days to get back to normal afterwards:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed Dark House! I look forward to it. And yes, I always feel like I need a vacation from my vacation after a long one, lol! :)

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a nice vacation! A good old fashioned steakhouse sounds pretty good, and so does soup in the fall!

    I hope the photo to canvas turns out well- I bet it will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This kind of weather is perfect for soup. Beautiful photo, I've never had one made onto canvas. I wasn't too sure if I wanted to read Consumed, but I've been seen good reviews about it. I may have to reconsider reading it. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always nice to be home.
    I had no idea that you can make a cheese soup! Now I'm curious and off to google... I love cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've been making the same recipe for years. It's from an old chain restaurant I used to visit growing up. Canandian Cheddar Cheese soup from The Fiddler's Three. Here's the link to the recipe:
      https://www.cooks.com/recipe/9s4z327j/fiddlers-three-canadian-cheese-soup.html

      Delete
  7. That's a beautiful picture 👍🏼 that cheddar soup sounds amazing. It's definitely soup season for me at the moment, but at this point I don't know any soups.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The flower shop was across the street from where we stayed in the Latin Quarter. I bought flowers for our apartment during our stay. It does feel like the perfect time for soup, right? I put the link up for the recipe in my comment above. :)

      Delete
  8. Oh I added Consumed to my Goodreads list... it looks HOT!

    Lovely photo. Has a much more personal touch, when you've actually framed a picture that means something special to you!

    Here's my Sunday Wrap Up Post. Hope you can drop by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love Consumed! Thank you, I agree. I just hope it looks good in the frame. :)

      Delete
  9. You read/reread some great books. Glad you had a good vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've watched a couple of Jack Ryan so far. I'm enjoying it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I listened to Dark House and it was good! Glad your husband enjoyed Tailspin. I'm hoping to read/listen to that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you enjoyed the audio version, Samantha. I'll be listening to it soon. I think it's a perfect read for this time of year.

      Delete
  12. Sounds like a nice time you had :) I really need another vacation - again! Although I just had mine in August xD ah. Life has such a fast pace, doesn't it.

    I remember reading Monkeewrench and thinking it was great!

    I hope you have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really goes by too quick! Glad to hear you enjoyed Monkeewrench! I'll probably be picking up the rest of the series. Thanks, Evelina! I hope you have a good week, too. :)

      Delete
  13. I always need a vacation after a vacation! Yes, they're fun to go on, and a break from the day-to-day, but they're also exhausting. The travel, the packing, the unpacking, the repacking, more travel -- glad you had fun, though! Now you just need a few days of R&R at home with some books. <3

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is tiring, but the sights were beautiful, but it's back to work for me. Glad to be home this weekend, though. :)

      Delete
  14. I wish my library had the audiobook for The Simple Wild, because I really want to read it. I have a feeling I will be buying it, because I need to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, am happy that you had fun on your holidays. Jack Ryan is on my watch list.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've turned some photos in canvas, and they are usually really cool. Love the photo you chose, so I hope it turns out well for you. I'm glad you had a nice vacation!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see great books here! I still have to read my first Briggs book and I loved Year One so I'm looking forward to read another Roberts' book! Now off to see that giveaway! I LOOOOVE that series! Not sure why I haven't continue it!

    ReplyDelete