Monday, July 22, 2019

Review: One Night in a Storm by Shay Savage


Publication Date: July 23rd 2019 
Pages: 188
Source: Author
Purchase Links: Amazon 

About the book:
Two university students thrown together in the midst of a raging storm, one a Shibari expert, the other an instinctive submissive. 
As the flood waters rise, so does Kasinda’s panic. When she allows Cree to use his expertise to ease her fears, she finds herself healing from the trauma of her past.
The floodwaters may soon subside, but their passion for each other is just beginning to grow. Cree may be the rigger, but it’s Kas who has his emotions in knots. 

My Thoughts:
When I read the premise of One Night in a Storm and the fact that Shay Savage was writing it, I knew the story would be good!  How about being stranded with your high school crush and finding out his kink is to tie people up?  Not in a serial killer way, of course, but in a kinky I-want-to-dominate-and-give-mind-blowing-pleasure sort of way. This is what happens to Kasinda and Cree one stormy night. Trapped inside an old library while floodwaters rise, and Kas trying to stay calm while battling fears from a childhood tragedy, Kas happily lets Cree “distract” her.

Oh, I just loved this story so much!  I flew through the pages and didn’t want the story to end!  It’s not often that I read kink or BDSM/erotica, but when I do, I need it to be smart, seducing my mind instead of just sex, sex, sex. Ms. Savage had the perfect balance for full impact.  The buildup was sensual, electric, and wow did it make me feel and my heart race! The connection between Kas and Cree was palpable as they got to know each other, tentative and vulnerable at first, but wow when they let each other in, so hot!

Cree was excellent building anticipation with whispered words, grazing touches, and most of all: honesty between them. Because of that honesty and facing such a dangerous situation together, they built trust rather quickly, and I think you need that for a connection to be truly pleasurable.  Boy was it ever!  

Can’t wait for the next installment with Casey and Rocco!

4 Suns




Connect with Shay Savage:



8 comments:

  1. Um, I don't like you. Because now I'm running off to get this one. And it's short so I can read it really quick! I don't read BDSM but there's something about this one that has me intrigued. Great review, Rachel!
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I love that it's short and you can basically read it in one evening. Hope you love it as much as I did, Genesis! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you mentioned that it wasn't all sex. BDSM isn't usually my go to (and often because the story tends to be all about the sex)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the author did a great job balancing story, characters and sizzle! Hope you love it if you pick it up, Sam! :)

      Delete
  3. I miss short books! I am trying to get through big ones now. I need to grab a short! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love shorter books! You can get some romance without much time investment. I'm always in need of time! :)

      Delete
  4. I agree, erotica needs to seduce thew mind first and not just be sex. This story sounds so sensual. I love how you describe the way the author builds up anticipation. Excellent Review Rachel :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete