Saturday, July 13, 2019

Sunday Post #36


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week.

It was my anniversary last week. My husband and I have been married 32 years I was a teenager  when we got married so I'm not as old as that makes me sound, lol!  We didn't have a lot of time to celebrate, but we managed to get out to dinner the day of.  I'm up in Northern California again this weekend, and it's hotter than heck! It's been over 100 degrees since Thursday. We're flying home tomorrow. I haven't had a lot of time to read other than audio books.  Hopefully I'll have some time next week. 

Read:


I picked up The Vanishing Season after reading Lark's review of book 2, and I really enjoyed it! I've already downloaded book 2 from the library.  The Guilty Dead is a re-read in preparation for the newest Monkeewrench book I'm picking up soon. Laura Griffin's romantic suspense/crime procedurals are always a treat.

Received/Library Lend/Purchased:



I loved Kate Meader's Chicago Rebels series so I'm excited she has a new hockey romance book out. Loved The Vanishing Season so I'm happy I was able to download No Mercy from my library right away. I received The Bromance Book Club a couple of weeks ago but keep forgetting to list it. It sounds really good!

How was your week?


18 comments:

  1. 32!!! That is long :D Of course I have no idea about anniversaries, I guess 30 is something, I should look it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. 32 years.... That's even longer than I'm walking on this planet!!

    Congratz, I do hope to be married that many years to the love of my life too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Rachel! I love Kate Meader! I hope The Bromance Book Club ends up being a good read! I think it sounds like a lot of fun! Happy Reading!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  4. 32!! That's amazing! Now I'm wondering how old you are lol Your anniversary is on my birthday so we both have celebrations :) Yes to Good Guy! I'm ready! And envy you for Bromance! I want it so badly!
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! 32 years is quite an achievement!
    I really want to read the Kate Meader one. I love hockey romances!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary!! It's been hot here too, although not quite THAT bad. Anything over 100 (or heck, 90) is way too much!

    Her Deadly Secrets looks really good! I'm always a sucker for covers like that though. :) haha Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! 32 years!! That's such an amazing milestone. *virtual cheers* here's to 32 and more! Hope both of you will have more time in the future to celebrate.

    I really want to check out The Bromance Book Club. I've been tiptoeing around the book in Netgalley. And I wanna check this Chicago Rebels series. I loooovee hockey and hockey in romance? Yes, please.

    Happy reading and happy Sunday!
    - Chai @ Like Chai Tea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on 32 years!! Thats awesome! Its been hot here too-90's. I'm so excited for the Bromance Book Club! It sounds so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hot here also but a tropical storm brought lots of rain and cooled it down a bit. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary! 32 years is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Bromance Book Club. That's one I want to read, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniversary. The Bromance Book Club sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary! Wow, 32 years is quite an accomplishment. I read Good Guy this week, and really liked it. I was happy to be back with the Rebels.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary!! 32 years is such an amazing accomplishment. Congrats. I'm curious about The Bromance Book Club - hope it's a fun one!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary 🥂
    My husband and I have been together since I was a teenager too, but we didn’t marry til I graduated university.


    Have a great reading week, and a safe flight home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on 32 years of marriage!! My husband and I were high school sweethearts, so I can relate. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  17. You definitely don't seem old enough to have been married for 32 years, Rachel!! What an amazing accomplishment! Happy Anniversary!!

    I have an ARC for the new Laura Griffin book, but I'm holding out for my audio hold at the library. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete