Sunday, December 12, 2021

Sunday Post #147

 

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week.

After another really busy three days of work we went up to my daughter's Wednesday after work and got up to Northern California late. It's been a busy four days with a ballet recital, dinners and friends. Lots of fun but I haven't got much reading done other than an audiobook when I went on two hikes (pictures below). It was beautiful, the hills are all green, but it was on the cold side for California. Mid 50s for the highs. 

On our way home now. Not looking forward to going back to work as I have to be on-call after on Monday after leaving until the next morning. Again. Supposedly we have a new hire coming on in January and these urgent calls to cover on-call shifts will hopefully stop. When I get home I'm going to shut the world off and read!





Read:
Click on covers for Goodreads link:


So not much reading done but I am chipping away at my Audiobook Challenge. I'm almost done with a review book as well. Hope to hunker down once I get home and finish it.

Received/Purchased/Library Lend:


I loved The Ex-Talk by Rachel Lynn Solomon so I'm excited to read Weather Girl. I've read (and loved) a couple of books by Mimi Matthews when she self-published so I was happy to see her on offer from Berkley. Halfway to the Grave is a re-read for Anne @Books of My Heart new read-along. It's been a long time since I read it and I never finished the series. 

Instagram:

The Christmas Escape by Sarah Morgan is my favorite holiday read this year so-far! 




How was your week?




14 comments:

  1. I like the sound of just shutting out the world and reading! Hope you have a good week this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fingers crossed they get a new hire (quickly). You weekend sounded busy, but lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure does look like a nice place to do some hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to get away for the weekend and take some reading time. I always love seeing the photos. Shards of Hope was amazing. Thanks for joining the Read-alongs.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently finished The Siren of Sussex and I really had fun with that book! Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh it seems like everyone is overwhelmed with work right now! Hopefully they do hire someone soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mid 50's does seem a bit chilly! Love those pics though, especially that second one. Gorgeous.

    Hope your on call isn't too bad. Take care of yourself and hope those books are good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you have a fun time with that re read of the Jeaniene Frost series. Those are such fun. I love that whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Siren Sussex is on my list! I'm really excited to read it.

    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a good visit with your daughter and family. Lovely pics of the countryside. Yes, hope you get that extra worker so it will take the strain off for your. Fun line up of reads and yay, I got Siren of Sussex, too. I'm going to jump in on the readalong when we get to the Vlad books because that's where I stopped in the series.

    Have a good week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a busy getaway, but a fun one. And shutting the world off and reading sounds perfect about now. Maybe this coming weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a nice visit with family. I hope that work is going well this week. My reading has still been hit or miss, but I'm almost finished with The Electric Heir by Victoria Lee and loving it.

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiking is so good for the soul. Looks lovely as always

    ReplyDelete