Monday, June 19, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on My Summer 2023 to-read List


 


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Artsy Reader where each week they post a new top ten list and ask fellow bookish folk to share their lists on that topic. 

This week Books on My Summer 2023 to-read List

I'm so excited for each and every one of these books! How do I choose which one to start first?!! A bookish dilemma!

Click on cover for Goodreads link:


Remember Me by Mary Balogh
I love her historical romances! This is book two in the Ravenswood series and can be read as a standalone in a pinch. 

A Fatal Illusion by Anna Lee Huber
Book 11 in the Lady Darby Mysteries and should be read in order. This series is excellent! I highly recommend the audio version narrated by Heather Wilds. All voices and accents are perfection!

A Little Ray of Sunshine by Kristan Higgins
Her brand of womens fiction usually strikes a cord and hits me emotionally. Plus, she usually adds a little bit of romance.

The Cafe at Beach End by RaeAnne Thayne
I scoop up every new release by Thayne! Love the setting of this series, too! It's book 5 in the Cape Sanctuary series, but can be read as a standalone.



A Stolen Child by Sarah Stewart Taylor
Book 4 in the wonderful Maggie D'arcy series. A police/crime procedural with a new mystery with every book, but should be read in order because of the ongoing relationships and history. 

Resonance Surge by Nalini Singh
Psy-Changeling Trinity #7. Each installment is a must-read for me. Such a great mix of fantasy, sci-fi, paranormal romance! Each book is focused on a romantic couple, but it should be read in order for the ongoing story arc.

Dead of Winter by Darcy Coates
Darcy Coates is famous for her ghost stories, but this seems to be a straight thriller and it sounds good! 



Hello Stranger by Katherine Center
Her romances are top notch! I have an e-copy and an audio, but I'll be buying the hardcover for my shelf! She's an another auto buy for me. 

Magic Claims by Ilona Andrews
So excited they are writing more Kate Daniels! I have an e-copy but I'm sure I'll be buying the audio bundle when it comes out of Magic Tides and Magic Claims and be listening as a re-read. 

North of Nowhere by Allison Brennan
This sounds like a heart pounding thriller! Kids on the run from their murderous father crashing in the wilds of Montana so now not only are they on the run from trackers, but also a deadly storm. Can't wait!




What do you plan to read this summer?




25 comments:

  1. I've seen Magic Claims on others' list but know nothing about it. Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been too long since I read anything by RaeAnne Thayne. Seeing this one reminds me of how much I enjoy her books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Center book. It was fun and sweet. I plan to read more Thayne books. They are always good for me. I tend to be attracted to the synopses of Higgins' books, but I feel they are too long. That's a me problem though

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Stolen Child sounds interesting.

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Maggie D'Arcy series! A STOLEN CHILD is a good one, too. I hope you enjoy it and all these others.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't do this week's TTT, but both A Fatal Illusion and Hello Stranger on on my summer To Read list. And that Darcy Coates' novel does look really good. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reading most of these. Great choices.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy historical fiction, and Remember Me sounds like a good book! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Center's book will be a fun one to read this summer. I liked it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Little Ray of Sunshine looks like a cute read!

    My Summer 2023 TBR

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed both Remember Me and A Fatal Illusion, though I still have to write the reviews. (oops) And I always enjoy RaeAnne Thayne, but I haven't had a chance to read The Cafe at Beach End yet.

    I'm very much a mood reader, so my Summer 2023 TBR is a bit aspirational, but I hope to read most of them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been meaning to read a Darcy Coates book for a long time. A chilly winter tale sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Half of those made my summer reading list, too. I really must try Katherine Center and Kristin Higgins at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you enjoy all of these!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/06/20/top-ten-tuesday-425/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have Hello Stranger on my TBR as well. It looks like you're hoping to read some great books in the coming months. I hope you enjoy them all when you can read them.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/summer-2023-tbr-ten-books-i-hope-to-read/

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cover alone makes me want to read Dead of Winter. Texas heat has been no joke this week, so I'm dreaming of cooler climates!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some of these are on my list. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  19. You will really enjoy Resonance Surge especially if you enjoyed Silver Silence. You get more BEARS!! And I am eager to read that Thayne as well. Its also on my list. Hope you enjoy all of your summer reading.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have Dead of Winter and Magic Claims on my tbr pile.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have three of those on my list: Magic Claims, Resonance Surge, and North of Nowhere. Hope you enjoy all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks like a great list for summer reading, Rachel. A nice eclectic mix. I have four of these on my TBR and would love to get to them before the summer is out, but we shall see. I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete