Sunday, October 28, 2012

Waves of Sunday #1

Welcome to our first edition of Waves of SUNday where each Sunday we'll be spotlighting a book that has been making waves in the book scene or has simply caught our attention causing a riptide on our TBR.

Today we're excited to spotlight:

Losing It by Cora Carmack
Published October 15th 2012 eBook
Purchase: Amazon

About the book
Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

Here's what we had to say:
Arlene: So Rachel, I know you've seen me crush over book covers before, but tell me did this cover not catch your attention pretty hard? I love it! What do you think?

Rachel: I'm a sucker for an eye-catching cover, too, Arlene, and let me tell you, this one caught my eye!  That girl looks like she's in heaven!  I guess I might be, as well, if I were in her position (pun intended, lol!) I had to immediatley click on the description to see what is was all about!

Arlene:  It sounds like the genre for this book falls under the new category that's been making waves call New Adult. I'm excited to see more authors explore this genre. Have you heard about this new book category?

Rachel: Yes, I've been loving this new genre.  I think it started with the author Abbi Glines with me.  Her Vincent Boys series and Sea Breeze series started out as high school stories but moved to college age, and with each one the steam was amped up.  Easy by Tammara Webber was another "New Adult" I absolutely fell in love with.  Originally, it was self-publised, but with it's astounding populatrity, it was picked up by a big publishing house (Penguin). 

Arlene: Well, I can't wait to read Losing It. Should we make it a book date and explore the angst I predict by the excerpt alone? :)

Rachel: I would love that, Arlene! The sooner, the better! It's already clicked and loaded on my Kindle.

Well that's our pick for this week's Waves of SUNday. If you've read Losing It by Cara Carmack, be sure to tell us what you thought of it!

2 comments:

  1. That Brit guy is literally H-O-T. I read awesome reviews about this book :)
    That girl. My goodness... (I should say you're defo in some place already, honey :D)
    Can't wait for your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few pages left and yup.. The Brit guy is hot!

      Delete