Sunday, March 17, 2013

Waves of Sunday #21


Welcome to our weekly edition of Waves of Sunday where each Sunday we spotlight a book that has been making waves in the book scene or has simply caught our attention causing a riptide on our TBR.
 
 
Today we are Spotlighting:

 
Leo (Sign of Love, #1)
 
Leo (Sign of Love #1) by Mia Sheridan
Release Date: March 11th 2013
About the book: Evie and Leo met in foster care as children and formed a bond of friendship. As they grew, their bond turned to love and they vowed to make a life together when they turned 18 and were no longer a part of the system.

When Leo unexpectedly gets adopted as a teen and he moves to another city, he promises Evie that he will contact her as soon as he gets there and come back for her in a few short years. She never hears from him again.

Now eight years later, in spite of the odds, Evie has made a life for herself. She has a job, she has friends, she's content. Then a man shows up out of the blue, claiming that her long lost love, Leo, sent him to check up on her. The attraction between them is undeniable. But, should she trust this sexy stranger? Or is he keeping a secret about what his connection to Leo is really all about and why Leo disappeared all those years ago?


Brandie’s Thoughts:
I've been seeing a lot of buzz around this book and several friends have raved about it. I won't lie - the cover isn't my favorite but the synopsis sounds amazing. I'm so intrigued I want to start this book immediately!! The story line sounds like something right up my alley - romance and seems like a little bit of mystery and twists to keep me interested. Can't wait to read it!

 
Rachel’s Thoughts:
I’m really excited about this read. Unlike most, I really love the cover and I’ve had two trusted Goodreads friends recommend it to me within the last week alone!  This sounds like a story I read just a few months ago: From Rags by Suzanne Wright which I absolutely LOVED!  I’m wondering if this mysterious guy sent by Leo is actually Leo, and if not who the heck is he? Also, what the happened to Leo?  I love mysteries combined with romance and smut!  I can’t wait to unravel this mystery. I'll share a quote that has me eager in anticipation:

“I'm going to kiss you now, Evie, and when I do, it's going to mean that you're mine. I don't care how far away from each other we are. You. Are. Mine. I'll wait for you. And I want you to wait for me. Promise me you won't let anyone else touch you. Promise me you'll save yourself for me.”  


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment