Saturday, June 22, 2013

Review: If I Were You (Inside Out Trilogy) by Lisa Renee Jones

If I Were You (Inside Out Trilogy, #1)

If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones
Published September 13th 2012
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes and Noble

About the book:
When Sara McMillan finds a stack of journals in a storage unit, she’s shocked and enthralled by the erotic life the writer led. Unable to stop reading, she vicariously lives out dark fantasies through Rebecca, the writer—until the terrifying final entry.

Certain something sinister has happened, Sara sets out to discover the facts, immersing herself in Rebecca’s life. Soon she’s working at the art gallery Rebecca worked at and meeting Rebecca’s friends. Finding herself drawn to two dangerously sexy men, the manager of the gallery and a famed artist, Sara realizes she’s going down the same path Rebecca took. But with the promise of her dark needs being met by a man with confident good looks and a desire for control, she’s not sure anything else matters. Just the burn for more.

Brandie's Review:
This book was getting so much buzz, but when I read it had a cliffhanger, I held off until I could get my hands on the second book. And I’m SO glad I did because I hate cliffhangers – and this one was brutal.

Sara is an innocent school teacher living a boring life and trying to shake the demons of her past. She comes across some erotic journals of a woman named Rebecca, who’s disappeared and becomes determined to find her to make sure she’s okay. What she doesn’t expect is to be pulled into the same world, living out her dream of working with art, and being captivated by the sexy and artistic Chris Merit.

These two are sizzling together and it’s fantastic. I loved every minute they were together and getting to know each other. The suspense of figuring out what they both are hiding is SO good and keeps you turning the pages, along with the suspense of finding out what really happened to Rebecca.

This is a page-turner with serious heat. Any fan of Fifty Shades will love this book!

4 Suns




Rachel's Review:
Dangerous. For months I’ve had dreams and nightmares about how perfectly he personifies the word. Sleep-laden, alternate realities where I can vividly smell his musky scent, feel his hard body against mine. Taste the sweet and sensuous flavor of him—…..So good I’d forgotten there’s a price for overindulgence. And there is a price. I was reminded of this life lesson Saturday night. And I know now, no matter what he does, I cannot—will not—see him again.
--Rebecca’s journal Wednesday, March 7, 2012

And thus begins this haunting tale.  If I Were You was a story that had me on pins and needles pretty much through the entire read.  Erotic and full of suspense, my heart was racing and my blood pounding through my insides!  I’m still in knots.

Sara is a bored high-school teacher scraping by on her own.  When she discovers Rebecca’s journals filled with tales dark and erotic, Sara is overcome with curiosity and is drawn into Rebecca’s world.  What happened to Rebecca that would cause her to disappear with all her belongings abandoned in a storage locker? Soon Sara is working at the very gallery Rebecca worked for and is immersed in the very world Rebecca was/is a part of.

Enter two very enigmatic characters, Chris the rich and famous artist, and Mark, the haughty and arrogant gallery owner, and her boss. 

Mark is clearly a dominant man who revels in power play and mind games, someone who could easily be the dark erotic star of Rebecca’s journals. 

Chris is someone Sara feels an instant connection to through prior knowledge and idolization of his work.  But there is an edge and secrecy to him that both excites and disturbs Sara.  Chris is all easy going and flirty one minute, and dark, brooding, and dangerous the next. 

Sara is not without mystery either, and while we do get some of the pieces to this puzzle, we are far from getting a clear and fleshed out picture. 

This story was the perfect combination of thrill, mystery and passion.  Worrying about what happened to Rebecca, and what Sara was getting into kept me on the edge of my seat throughout! 
This ends on a cliff and I’m glad I have the sequel here ready to go!
 
4 Suns
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment