Monday, June 24, 2013

Review: Lost Without You by Heather Thurmeier

Lost Without You
Lost Without You by Heather Thurmeier
To Be Published on July 1, 2013 by Crimson Publishing
Purchase Amazon
About the Book
Zoe Oliver never wanted to be on another reality TV show… until Chip Cormack made an offer too good to refuse. He’s guaranteed her a payday this time and a chance to redeem herself in America’s eyes. But Zoe worries she won’t be able to focus as her desire for Chip grows and her strength to resist him weakens. When she learns she’ll be roughing it in the woods with Chip and without luxuries like indoor plumbing and electricity, she’s instantly on edge, feeling naked and terrified that her scars will be exposed and her secrets revealed. When Zoe’s past turns up on the show, she fears she’ll lose not only the life she’s sacrificed everything else to have, but also the affections of the only man she’s ever trusted with her heart.
My Thoughts:
I have really enjoyed this series.  This first book Falling for You was so much fun and every installment after has been just the same.  With Lost Without You we finally get Zoe's story!  I was beyond excited when I saw that she was going to be the star because she has been in every book and I really and I mean REALLY wanted her to have a HEA  Heather Thurmeier does not disappoint and Zoe's story was everything I hoped it would be.

If you have read the previous books then you know Zoe is a little well lets just say that she has no filter.  She says what she thinks and doesn't care what anyone thinks about her.  I won't lie in the first book I couldn't stand her, but after reading the second one Stuck on You I was a fan.  There is just something about her that makes you want root for her.  Lost Without You brings the reality tv setting back only Zoe isn't a contestant, she is the host. This is news to her, but Chip the producer has ulterior motives by bringing her on as the host.  Chip has had a thing for Zoe ever since she was a participant in The One, the reality show that brought her into his life.  He knows there is something beneath her perfectly styled hair and make up and he hopes that being in the wilderness away from everything will make Zoe bring down her walls and let him in.  Things don't go as planned as you can guess and Zoe has a secret what that secret is you will have to read and find out, but this secret is the thing keeping her from getting close to anyone and it just might cost her Chip.

I really enjoy this authors writing.  It is fun and the banter always has me laughing out loud.  Her characters always manage to be perfect for each other in spite of their flaws.  Zoe is not perfect and neither is Chip, but together they are perfect and made for each other.   I did feel that Zoe wasn't as quick tongued and sarcastic as the previous books, but I am thinking that is just due to her growing up.  At some point we have to let things go a little easier and accept things and maybe Zoe was just at the point. I also liked watching her as the host. It was fun seeing her in this new element and I think it suits her way more than the playing the game.  Chip was great also.  I love the male characters in this series and he was definitely a great addition.  He was there for Zoe and took charge when he needed to because lets face it if he didn't then Zoe would run him into the ground.  She needed someone stronger than her to accept her insecurities and he was the right person for the job.

I also really liked that the game took a backseat this time around.  It felt like it the past 2 books the reality game was front and center and that I know was because the characters were playing the game, but I enjoyed it being more in the background this time around.  Zoe deserved to have all the spotlight.

What started out as just a book about a reality show has turned into a series about love and what it means when you find it in the most random of places.  I have been a fan of this author from the get go and I can promise you that I will read anything that she publishes.

One more side note I loved the epilogue!  I kept wondering if we were going to see past characters and Ms. Thurmier didn't let me down!

4 Suns



No comments:

Post a Comment