Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Review: Exposure (East Park #1) by Iris Blaire

Exposure (East Park #1)
 
 
Exposure (East Park #1) by Iris Blaire
Publication Date: May 20th 2013
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
 
About the book:She’s the sexiest secret at East Park University.

Rylan Willow is the top model for East Park Exposed, the university’s underground and insanely successful erotic magazine.

Her friends know her as Evan Cosette, a biochemistry major with a flawless GPA.

East Park Exposed has kept Evan’s tuition paid. All she has to do is keep up the naïve school-girl disguise when she’s on campus and her secret is safe, her two worlds separate.

Until Dallas.

When the magazine runs a co-ed shoot to broaden readership, Evan’s partner is a gorgeous and disgustingly brilliant grad student. Evan doesn’t know how much of Dallas Whitley she’ll be able to handle, especially when he wants to study with her outside the studio. She promises herself that she can just be friends with Dallas. He has a girlfriend, after all. And Evan needs to focus.

She can’t when the co-ed printing brings sales through the roof.

She can’t when her photographer wants to crank the heat for the next issue.

Every steamy shoot leaves Evan gasping for breath, her true feelings for Dallas clouded by their camera-charade. But the more time she spends with him in the real world, the more she risks someone finding out the truth about her.

She needs to decide.

Who gets Dallas—Rylan, or Evan?

My Thoughts:
Exposure was a short and deliciously sensual story!  HOT, HOT, HOT without being just sex, sex, sex. There is tension and buildup that will have you begging for release! I loved it!

Evan is a college student paying the bills by posing for East Park Exposed the local college erotic magazine.  Most people see Evan as a fresh faced, nerdy A+ college student. Little do they know she’s also “Rylan Willow,” the “teeny bopper sweetheart” of East Park Exposed.   Evan plans on keeping it that way.  For the most part the magazine is a moderate hit on the campus but the editor wants to spice things up and increase readership by adding male models to the shoots.

Enter Dallas.  He’s a graduate student brain with the looks of a god and a body made for sin! Evan would know because she spent a whole lecture drooling over him.  

I’ve never seen a human being like him. He’s tall and well-built (I can only imagine what he looks like under that pale blue button-up). Beneath a shag of wavy, chestnut hair, he has the most piercing, blinding blue eyes I’ve ever seen in my life.

On the outside, he’s like one of those adorable nerds that all the good, smart, virginal girls go for and all the skankier ones want to corrupt. But I know what he’s really like. I know so much more.

Much to Evan’s dismay, and with lots of protesting, she’s paired with him.  This is bad news to her because she doesn’t want her identity getting out, and with Dallas connected to her classes, this seems like a big risk.  Plus, she’s seriously attracted to him and that just makes it all kinds of awkward because he has a GIRLFRIEND!! 

As you guess, posing together in provocative positions turns the heat up between these two, and for you the reader. Sexual tension and anticipation become almost unbearable!!  And when Dallas starts making suggestions and taking liberties, oh my!!

“Close your eyes,” he orders. I let them flutter shut and wait.  I gasp when his tongue sweeps my throat, finding a sweet spot behind my ear and sucking.

“Don’t move,”says Britain. “You looked perfectly shocked right now, Ry.”

I hold my breath, trying my hardest not to move or change my expression. As I do so, Dallas runs the pad of his thumb against my jaw and whispers into my ear, “You’re good at faking it.”

That quote is just the tip of the iceberg!

I thought Exposure was fresh and original, and oh yeah, did I say steamy?!!  Okay, I know I’ve said it enough, just wanted to make sure you knew! This story and characters are well fleshed out considering this is only 151 pages long.  Dallas was like your all American good guy, just devastatingly good looking.  I was a little worried about the girlfriend situation, but it wasn’t an issue to me.  You’ll see why when you read the book.  Evan is a sharp tongued, foul-mouthed spitfire who doesn’t let the notoriety and adoration get to her. She doesn’t even want people to know it’s her because her modeling is just a means to an end.  With the story told in their alternating POVs you get both sides and know exactly what each are feeling.  Just how I like it!

Exposure would not have been on my radar without one of our reader’s suggesting it be featured on our Waves of Sunday. I was immediately intrigued, and knew I better make some time to read it. Trust me, this does not disappoint!  The story doesn’t end on a cliffhanger and everything wraps up nicely, but I checked and Evan and Dallas’s story continues in Dark Frame (East Park #2) due to release this coming November.  I’m a little nervous, but still I can’t wait!
 
5 Suns
 
 
 
 

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I am soooo happy to see you enjoyed this! I was actually going to read this next week, and now I am even more excited to get started on it. I love the premise for this one and Dallas....hot damn....this boy sounds delicious!! I just can't wait to get my hands on him...*cough*...I totally meant the book! ;p Lovely review, Rachel! :D

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete