Saturday, August 31, 2013

Review: Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan

 Undeniable (Undeniable, #1)
Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan
Published on October 7, 2012
About the book
Warning: This is not a "typical love story". This is an all-consuming, soul-crushing, tear-your-heart-into-pieces story. It’s intense, gritty and raw, dark and disturbing, and it doesn’t happen overnight. This is an epic love story that knows no boundaries and has no time limits. It grows and develops—with hurt, sacrifice, and heartache—over the span of a lifetime.

Eva Fox is the princess of the Silver Demons Motorcycle Club. Growing up with bikers in the club lifestyle is all that she knows. When she’s a young girl, Eva meets the reason for her existence. Deuce West is the sexy, biker bad-ass of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club. Like Eva, he was born and raised in the club—but that’s where the similarities end. Their first meeting is innocent, but as Eva matures into a woman, their chance reunions evolve into a fit of lust and love. Fate continues to bring them together time and time again, but their twisted journey is filled with pain, betrayal, and bloodshed that could tear them apart. Eva sees in Deuce what he cannot see in himself—a man worthy of love—and Eva spends her lifetime proving to him that her undeniable love is the one thing he can’t live without.

This is Eva and Deuce’s story.

It wasn’t easy.
Nothing worth doing ever is.
And love is worth everything
My Thoughts:
Let me start off by saying this book will not be for everybody, hell I'm still not even sure if it was for me.  It is dark, edgy, icky, raw and everything you would probably think of when you hear motorcycle club.  I expected all that, but what I didn't expect was actually rooting for the main character Eva and hoping that she would stay the same strong character throughout the book.  Sadly she didn't but my fierce hope for this girl never left.

Eva has grown up in the life since her father is the President of the notorious motorcycle club The Silver Demons. She doesn't know any other life and from the day she was born she had the whole MC wrapped around her pinkie.  We meet Deuce really early on in the story and this is where I think a lot of readers will go "umm yeah not for me"  See Deuce is I think 24 when he meets Eva and she is only 5.  Yes I said ick too, but I still kept reading.  I figured if I could get over a seventeen year old werewolf imprinting on a newborn then I could probably get over this too as long as nothing icky happened until she was of age.  Well she wasn't exactly of age but really with the way the book is written I probably should have expected it.  I will say that at least the author waited until Eva was eighteen to let Deuce have his way with her, not that that excuses what he did when she was sixteen but I have to pick my battles with this one.  Oh and I have to say too that what Deuce does to her at sixteen leaves him with two bullet holes woohoo!  A fitting punishment I think.

Okay moving on, Eva and Deuce have a very weird and rocky relationship if you can call it that.  That come together once every few years and completely destroy each other.  The big drama happens after they meet up way later in life and Eva is married to her fathers second in command, Frankie.  This guy was just straight up psychopath.  In every story I read I always wish I could read it from every characters POV, but with Frankie I have no desire whatsoever to read anything from his POV.  He truly scared the daylights out of me and I was so not happy when Eva finally gave in to him.  They grew up together when her father took him in and Frankie became obsessed with Eva.  It was beyond unhealthy and in the beginning she refused him.  That is when I liked Eva, she was strong confident, spoiled yes, but it was awesome seeing her have all these tough biker men under her spell.  That all changed when she got together with Frankie.  Eva was finally broken when that happened and I was not a happy camper.

Does this stop her from sleeping with Deuce..nope not even a little bit. That is another thing that will turn people off about this book all the sleeping around.  If you know me then you know that I am not a fan of sharing typically.  I understand certain circumstances and I can let certain things go, but for the most part I prefer my couples to be exclusive, well in Undeniable there is none of that.  There is so much sleeping around that I wasn't sure if they would ever get their mess straightened out.

Things go from bad to worse and then to just destructive.  By 3/4 of the way through the book I lost all respect for Eva and I just wanted Deuce to go to the ground.  Why wasn't he there for his woman??!!  He is a very flawed character and I had a hard time finding any redeeming qualities in him and the ones I found I don't think were enough to make me love him.

The ending is just crazy and I realize that I haven't said too much about the plot but honestly there really isn't one.  This book is all about the crazy life of MC's and what goes on behind the scenes.  We don't really get a look into all the illegal stuff just the insane relationships of the characters and how they treat each other.  All just craziness!  Oh and if you are offended by language in a book then this isn't for you either.  My friend looked it up and discovered that the f bomb was dropped over 1000 times...I am shocked that I could write this review without 30 f bombs since I think my brain has been reprogrammed to just let that word fly.

Anywho a very strange drama filled story that yes I am going to continue on with.  I am on the hunt for something different and well this fits so I'm game.

2.5 Suns




1 comment:

  1. My husband actually read this and pretty much had the same reaction you did. He felt icky and conflicted, but couldn't stop reading. He said the second book is better.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete