Saturday, February 28, 2015

Waves of Fiction 2015 Reading Challenge - Team Update

It's time for our Waves of Fiction 2015 Reading Challenge Update!
Several of us at Waves of Fiction started this reading challenge at the beginning of the year. To learn more about it, you can go HERE for the details. 

Well, this month started off pretty good, so let's share with you how much we've accomplished.
I was able to complete NINE books towards my challenge this month! My board is filling up, which is nice to see I'm making progress. So let me share with you what I completed this month:

A book published more than 10 years ago - Lord of Scoundrels
A book set in the past - The Duke and I
A book with a  color in the title - Red Lines
A book that's a stand alone title - Side Effects May Vary
A book that takes place in a small town - Finding Haven
A book set in a college - Fangirl
A book rec'ed by a friend - Snowkissed
A book that's won an award - The Raven Prince
A third book in a series - Bound by Flames

As you can see, this challenge got me back into historical fiction, and I can't wait to pick up a few more!

Last month, I mentioned I wanted to knock out some of the challenges in the "Place" category, and Outlander was at the top of my list. It still is and I'm determined to add this to my board. :) I'd also like to try a book by an Australian author, so if anyone has a good rec… please let me know! 
Wow, Arlene is smoking this challenge! I managed to get three knocked off the board. Four really if I counted a re-read, but I didn't want to do that. So here's my list:

A book with a higher than 4.25 rating on GR-Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
A book with a one word title- Hero by Samantha Young
A book by a new-to-you author- Slow Burn by K. Bromberg

I plan on getting to a book with "time travel" next month, and I'm thinking of Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty for my Aussie author category.
I'm a huge slacker and didn't get to post my reads last month. So, this is me playing catch-up, and I knocked several of them off the board!

A book that’s been on your TBR more than a year: Dark Lover by JR Ward
A book with a one word title: Hero by Samantha Young
A book set in another country: The Raven by Sylvain Reynard
A book with more than 300 pages: Before I Go by Colleen Oakley
A book that takes place in a small town: I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
A third book in a series: Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren
A book set in the past: The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
A book set in college: Contradictions by Tiffany King
A book with a color in the title: The Violets of March by Sarah Jio
A book you shouldn’t read in public: Going Long by Cari Quinn
A book with a rating higher than 4.25 on GR: Never Never by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher
A book with a stand alone title: Confess by Colleen Hoover

Next month I plan on knocking out the New-to-Me Author book, and see what else I come up with since I'm such a moody reader.

I am so proud of my blog partners! They are knocking these categories off like crazy!! This month I did way better than last! Here's what I checked off:

A book that's a stand alone title: The Way We Bared Our Souls by Willa Strayhorn
A book set in another country: Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton
A book rec'ed by a friend: Mean Streak by Sandra Brown (Thanks Rachel!)
A book that takes place in a small town: Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
A book with a rating higher than 4.25 on GR: Image Eternal by Toni Decker
A book with more than 300 pages: Charisma by Jeanne Ryan
A third book in a series: Bound by Flames by Jeaniene Frost
A book by a new to you author: The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
A book with a place in the title: How to Win at High School by Owen Matthews

Next month I really want to try and check off a time travel book, a book set in the past, and a book that was published more than 10 years ago. Those are my toughest categories so I really want to focus on them.

3 comments:

  1. I'm still going strong, too!

    Here are mine from the past month:

    A Book With A One Word Title: Vanished by Kendra Elliot
    A Book Set in College: The Deal by Elle Kennedy (so good!)
    A Book By A New To You Author: When Joss Met Matt by Ellie Cahill
    A Book That Was Made Into A Movie: The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger
    A Book You Shouldn't Read in Public: After Dark by M. Pierce
    A Book That Takes Place in a Small Town: Veil of Night by Linda Howard

    Last month here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're doing great, Eva! I'll have to check out your "A book you shouldn't read in public" because I haven't nailed that one down yet I loved The Duff, but I hear the movie doesn't do the book justice. Let's hope those rumors are not true. :)

      Delete
  2. Great job Eva! I need to try a Linda Howard novel. They seem to be very popular. Thanks so much for sharing your progress! XD Arlene...

    ReplyDelete