Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Review: Snow-Kissed (Snow Queen #1) by Laura Florand

Snow-Kissed (Snow Queen #1) by Laura Florand
Published September 1st 2013 by Laura Florand
Florand takes us to a snow-kissed Christmas cabin for this heart-wrenching tale of love, loss, forgiveness—and hope. After the utter destruction of her marriage and her happiness, Kai knew it was better to shut herself away from the world than to hurt and be hurt. Holed up in her mountain cabin, she planned to spend her Christmas alone. Until her not-quite-ex-husband shows up as the first flakes start to fall. Now should she send him back out into the cold? Or can she be brave enough to let this winter snow bind them back together?

My Thoughts

“...She had destroyed the one beautiful thing in her life that she did have the power to cherish and protect, and that unlike all of her other losses, she was the only one who had taken that power away from herself…”

Perfect fix for a winter day!! Passionate, emotional and heartfelt.

As far as novellas go, I have to say Snow-Kissed by Laura Florand just shot to the top of my list. This author knows how to pack a punch with her beautiful writing that doesn’t need pages and pages of space to develop. Florand uses her writing canvas and crafts her characters in such a careful manner that within moments of meeting Kai and Kurt, you’re vested in their story.

In Snow-Kissed, we travel to a mountain cabin where Kai has retreated to find solitude. After being separated from her husband for over a year due to three devastating miscarriages, she’s learned to distance herself from friends and family to avoid the hurt. In the process, she’s destroyed the only thing in her control… the marriage she had with Kurt. However, when he shows up to the cabin and collides with Kai, he forces her to face the aftermath of her destruction. Over the course of a few days, they battle with how to pull themselves together again.

Plain and simple – I just loved this story. It felt real and with each page I turned, my emotions compounded exponentially. I completely fell for both of these characters and was rooting them on the moment they demonstrated their desire to heal. I don’t think I have the right words to describe how I felt about Kurt. The man was absolutely amazing and well... I guess that’s why he’s fictional. :)

“I love you, Kai. Are you ready to love me just a little again?”

Beautiful story that was weaved with a magic pen. My applause to Florand!
5 Suns

No comments:

Post a Comment