Monday, February 8, 2021

TTT: My Favorite Non-Review Books: December 2020

I'm going use the freebie Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Artsy Reader) by posting my Favorite Non-Review Books of December. I'd like to make this a monthly feature and meant to post this last month but time got away from me!

As a blogger sometimes writing reviews can feel like a chore so it seems I rarely write reviews for non-review books anymore. I fee bad about that, because it's not that I didn't enjoy them less than the books I review here, just that I don't have the time or energy to write a review for each and every book I read. I thought it would be nice to list my favorite non-review books each month to bring more attention to them. 

Here are my December 2020 favorites:



A great, suspenseful story! Short, but left an impression.

Kate Mara's narration was excellent! Quiet and compelling.




Love this series! Peter Ash is a one man wrecking ball, but he's got backup now in the form of June and Lewis. I love his developing relationship with June Cassidy.  This installment was exciting and full of action! I plan on continuing it soon. 



 This series is a must for any hockey/sports romance fans. Kate Meader writes some hot stuff, but at the center of each story are characters you grow to care for, multi-layered, flawed, just trying to get by.  Gunnar's story broke my heart! This guy needed a HEA! 




 I'm a big fan of Linda Howard's brand of romantic suspense. MacKenzie's Mountain was first published in 1989, but I think it held up well.






20 comments:

  1. What a nice list. :)

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-conversation-hearts-on-covers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I don't usually read this kind of books but the covers are nice ;) jajaj I understand what you mean with the burn out from reading a book and already thinking what you are going to write in the review. It can be counterproductive, right? I liked your post. take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, with so many review books it's hard to give the time over to non-review books. Thanks, you too! :)

      Delete
  3. This is nice- it is so hard to keep up with books. I'm liking mini reviews or just short snippets more and more lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I try not to write long reviews anymore because 1. I don't like to write them. 2. I don't like reading them. One exception is with a series book. Like the Rockton series. It's hard not to do a intro into the series for those readers who haven't read about it to stir up interest and maybe get a reader on board to start it. Those reviews are hard to cut short.

      Delete
  4. Man Down was an absolute hit for me too. Gunner's story broke my heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't review Light It Up either, but I read and loved it! Peter and June are such great characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I need to download and read the 4th one now. Thanks again for the recommend!

      Delete
  6. Love the cover on McKenzie's Mountain! Nice ;) I hope you can stop by:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2021/02/top-ten-books-with-love-in-title-292021.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great new cover! I'm sure it stirred up new interest in an old release. It did for me. :)

      Delete
  7. Oooh! Interesting topic this week! Great list!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice list! I'll have to check some of these out. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the freedom and break of not reviewing ever book I read or at least not to the extent I do for a blog review. I want to try Linda Howard's books. It will be fun to see your post b/c I'm always curious about what people are reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if I made myself write an involved review for every book I read it would spoil reading for me all together. It's hard to go wrong with Linda Howard!

      Delete
  10. I hear you! Sometimes it's nice to just read a book and know I'll only leave a short review on Goodreads. ;)

    ReplyDelete