Wednesday, February 17, 2021

My Favorite Non-Review Books for January 2021

As a blogger sometimes writing reviews can feel like a chore so it seems I rarely write reviews for non-review books anymore. I feel bad about that, because it's not that I didn't enjoy them less than the books I review here, just that I don't have the time or energy to write a review for each and every book I read. I thought it would be nice to list my favorite non-review books each month to bring more attention to them.

Here are my January 2021 favorites:

Click on cover for Goodreads link:

I bought this on an Audible Daily Deal and finally got a chance to listen to it. It was a great murder mystery/romance! Dr. Elizabeth Nolan helps others while overcoming her own tragic past.  A murder at the mental hospital throws Reed and her together. While he tries to solve the crime while keeping Elizabeth safe they slowly fall for each other. 

 This is the second in a series, but it worked well as a stand-alone. Teddy Hamilton and Callie Dalton narrate and I've listened and loved their performances in the past. Both Callie and Teddy have narrated Mariana Zapata's books (as well as others I'm sure I'm forgetting), so I was well acquainted with their voices.




An Agatha Christie classic that I've read several times, but it had been years. I listened to the audio for this re-read and it was narrated by Hugh Fraser, the actor who plays Hastings in the film versions of Agatha Christie books with David Suchet. He does an excellent job with both Hastings and Poirot!
I didn't remember the particulars of this mystery when I first began the story, but it started coming back to me as I listened. Still loved the story all these years and reads later!


What about you? Have you read any non-review books recently you'd like to praise?




15 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to have to start doing a post like this once a month on my blog to highlight the books that I read and really liked, but didn't review. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think it's a great way to feature these books! :)

      Delete
  2. I don't have space to post non-review books on the blog since I don't want to have multiple posts a day if I can help it. But I always review them with at least a few sentences on Goodreads. It's fun to know your thoughts on them here though.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand that. You cover a lot of books. I try and write a few words on Goodreads, too. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I do review every book I read so they all get their chance :) I am gladyours do too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe I have yet to read a book from Sheridan. I bought Archer's Voice an eternity ago. I really need to check her books out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might like her, Sam. I'm interested in what you'd think of her work. I really loved Archer's Voice.

      Delete
  5. The Mia Sheridan does sound good and yay for revisiting Agatha Christie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea. I write reviews for all the books I read though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited to read more Agatha Christie this year. I love her work. This is one I need to check out!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously love Mia Sheridan but I haven't got to Where the Truth Lives yet. And I adore Teddy Hamilton. He's one of my faves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Rachel! It's been a longggg time! I hope you're doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read a few Mia Sheridan and enjoyed them but it's been a long time since I've read anything of hers... Should probably check out her more recent ones. :)

    I don't post reviews for everything I read but a monthly (or quarterly depending on the number) post highlighting the best of the bunch is a super good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great looking books. i don't review a lot of nonreview books either. i too feel bad about it, but i use tackling the tbr to share them and rate them on goodreads. it's the best i can do
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete