Sunday, August 15, 2021

Sunday Post #132

 

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week.

It's been a week, right? I've been avoiding the news with all the mask idiocy and climate change, it's either frustrating or depressing so I'm channeling my inner ostrich and burying my head, lol.

I'm writing this on my way back from Northern California. We had a nice time with my daughter, SIL, and grandkids. It's been busy at work, draining with the additional patients coming in with Covid, so it was nice to get away. Lots of fun activities.  We took the kids to a park that had a lot of shade which was necessary as it was pretty darn hot 90-100 degrees! Pretty place with an edge of different roses planted on the perimeter. I had to check each one out. 


Read:
Click on cover for Goodreads link

Didn't get a lot of reading done because I didn't have much energy after work to do anything but veg in front of the TV.  Loved Devil in Disguise and Claimed was a mixed bag, but I have hope for future installments as it was the first in a new series. 

Received/Purchased/Library Lend:


Even though I've seen them around I don't think I've ever read an Amish romance. This sounds really good. 

Instagram:

Almost finished with this one. 




Watched:



I've been a fan of Samantha Brown's travel shows since her Passport to Europe series. She now has one called Places to Love and I'm addicted! She hits wonderful places all over, mostly the US with this newer series. 
Was looking for a mindless show just to click on and watch and found Chicago MED. I like Medical dramas and it's pretty good. 


How was your week?





10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you could get away! I tend to doom scrolling. Let's hope this week is cooler and has more happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world and all the news is totally depressing right now! I've been escaping into books myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think the ostrich approach is a good strategy! It is just a dumpster fire. Glad you got to see your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful you get that escape to your grandkids. Looks like a beautiful park.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!! I am avoiding the news too, I just am not reading for all this yet. Escapism into my books is key. haha I gotta check out your Kleypas review. Glad to see you are having fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you just have to avoid the news. :) I logged on to Twitter and saw so many bad things I think my blood pressure spiked, so I just logged out ha. I love that picture though- beautiful. Thank goodness for nature, right? :)

    I remember her travel show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Channeling the inner ostrich feels like the only way to get through the day sometimes. The outlook seems so grim and with no end in sight.

    I'm not a TV watcher but last year, at the start of the pandemic, I needed some distraction from being in the house so much. We started watching Chicago Med and really got into it. I'm not sure if we'll start watching again when the new season starts (I don't like feeling tied to the TV), but I really liked the show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also guilty of burying my head in the sand when it comes to news. I also loved Devil in Disguise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the rose bushes!!

    I've also been avoiding the news a bit, sometimes it's just an overwhelming amount of bad news and I feel like I can't do anything about it, so yeah!

    I've been watching Glee :)

    ReplyDelete