Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Review: The Suite Spot by Trish Doller

 

The Suite Spot (Beck Sisters #2) by Trish Doller
Publication Date: March 8th 2022 by Macmillan Audio & St. Martin's Griffin
Pages: 320
Audio Book Length: 7 hrs 42 min
Narrator: Sarah Naughton
Source: Publisher
Rating: 
Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Libro.fm | Audible | Goodreads 

My Thoughts:
Rachel loses the job she’s had for the last ten years as a hotel concierge in one night when a rich entitled jerk doesn’t get his way. All she’s worked hard for seems to have gone up in smoke and she’s faced with taking a job at a budget hotel chain. However, another option presents itself when a friend recommends Rachel to another friend starting up a boutique hotel/lodge on an island off Lake Erie, miles away from Miami Beach. Rachel would have to take a chance and leave the only home she’s ever known in Florida, the father of her child (a total deadbeat dad). I was totally on board with this gamble, especially when the owner/proprietor is revealed to be a hot reclusive guy.

Mason was a good guy, and it was apparent he had a sad past, but this was the perfect situation for Rachel and her three-year-old daughter. Of course, I knew there’d be a romance coming and I couldn’t wait! These two deserved each other and every happiness I hoped was coming. I loved that Rachel found a such a perfect life situation in an unexpected place by making a last minute, sort of impulsive choice by taking a job so far from home. I found the process of starting up the hotel/brewery fascinating! Choosing the layout, theme, and décor, sounded like a lot of fun. I could picture the cabins and brewery, with all its rustic charm and it sounded like a place I’d love to stay!

The Suite Spot was a sweet, easy-going romance. Rachel and Mason were firmly friends before there was romance and I appreciated that strong foundation. It was a low drama romance with the conflict coming from another source. The Suite Spot was book two in the Beck Sisters series, however, you don’t need to read the first book in order to enjoy this installment. It works well as a standalone since it’s focused on a different couple.

I alternately listened and read the book and I thought Sarah Naughton did a fantastic job with both the male and female voices. She also narrated Float Plan, which I thoroughly enjoyed as well. Total recommend! I listened at 1.5-1.7x normal speed.

4 Stars


About the book:

Trish Doller’s The Suite Spot is a charming romance novel about taking a chance on a new life and a new love.

Rachel Beck has hit a brick wall. She’s a single mom, still living at home and trying to keep a dying relationship alive. Aside from her daughter, the one bright light in Rachel’s life is her job as the night reservations manager at a luxury hotel in Miami Beach—until the night she is fired for something she didn’t do.

On impulse, Rachel inquires about a management position at a brewery hotel on an island in Lake Erie called Kelleys Island. When she’s offered the job, Rachel packs up her daughter and makes the cross country move.

What she finds on Kelleys Island is Mason, a handsome, moody man who knows everything about brewing beer and nothing about running a hotel. Especially one that’s barely more than foundation and studs. It’s not the job Rachel was looking for, but Mason offers her a chance to help build a hotel—and rebuild her own life—from the ground up.


11 comments:

  1. The conflict in this one - ugh! I wanted to smack some people around. Mason made my heart ache, and when he connected with Rachel's daughter, my heart melted. I am sad there are no more sisters to write books about for this series, but hope Doller has more adult romances up her sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic review! I want to try this one.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review. samantha at wlabb...you crack me up
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to read this one, mostly because I loved The Float Plan so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. With the conflict external and her taking on a start up rustic hotel with a reclusive guy, I could get behind this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its such an interesting experience to rotate between physically reading and audio. I definitely adore those easy going romances, and thrilled to see that it was such a good solid one for you.

    Lovely review!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does sound fun- the setting too, I like the Lake Erie locations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed this also. The setting was so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this kind of romance. This sounds like my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to try this author. This book sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete