Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Review: Archangel's Resurrection by Nalini Singh

 

Archangel's Resurrection (Guild Hunter #15) by Nalini Singh
Publication Date: October 25th 2022 by Berkley
Pages: 400
Source: Publisher & Purchased Audiobook
Rating: ½
Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Audible | Goodreads

My Thoughts:
Alexander and Zanaya, both archangel’s ruling over different territories have had a tumultuous, epic, on-and-off love affair over the centuries. However, the recent battle with the evil Archangel Lijuan, has had lasting repercussions for Alexander and Zanaya. This time coming together they’re ready to sort things out or part forever.

Archangel’s Resurrection gave us the history of both Alexander and Zanaya, which I was grateful for since I didn’t really know much about either, except peripherally as side characters in the Raphael/Elena books. Each had an interesting, engrossing history and it gave me understanding as to why these two would love so passionately and then ultimately end up parting over and over through the years. I was rooting for these two because it was clear they were meant to be together! I know this sounds angsty, but it really wasn’t.

There’s a lot going on besides the romance. The Guild Hunter series is a fascinating world where a Cadre of ten Archangel’s rule designated territories across the Earth. Lesser angels, vampires, and humans all under their authority. Power, political intrigue, immortals and mortals clashing, good vs. evil; all factors that make these books a riveting read, but it’s the personal relationships that make these stories come to life.

Archangel’s Resurrection is book fifteen in the Guild Hunter series and that does sound intimidating to a new-to-the-series reader, but it’s centered on side characters and those books, IMO, can be read as stand-alones for the most part. Alexander and Zanaya’s story was fleshed out well here, one I thoroughly enjoyed!

4.5 Stars


Book Description:

For thousands of years, the passion between Alexander, Archangel of Persia, and Zanaya, Queen of the Nile, burned furious and bright, seemingly without end. But to be an archangel is to be bound to power violent and demanding. Driven by its primal energy, Alexander and Zanaya fought as fiercely as they loved. Locked in an endless cycle of devotion and heartbreak, it is only Zanaya’s decision to Sleep that ends their love story.

Eons later, it is the Cascade of Death that wakens them both. The passion between them a flame that yet burns, Alexander and Zanaya stand together in one last battle against the ultimate darkness. But even a warrior archangel cannot win every war. Alexander’s scream shatters the world as Zanaya falls, broken and silent…only to rise again in a miracle that may be a devastating curse. For is it truly the Queen of the Nile who has been resurrected?

Only one thing is clear: this is the last beat of their passionate, angry dance. The final song for Alexander and his Zani…


23 comments:

  1. Yeah it can be a bit intimidating the size of the series, but they are so addictive and you get through them quickly. I just read this series a couple of years ago and I am so glad that I did. BEST UF romance series ever. I am thrilled that this one was such a win for you though, their epic love story was so beautiful and a plus was seeing the other background to circumstances of other characters I really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I binged the Elena/Raphael stories a couple of years ago and have read a few of the stand alones too. I love her writing!

      Delete
  2. Book 15, wow! That's some dedication to a series, but it also speaks to how wonderful it must be. To see a book that far in the series earning 4.5 stars is a wonderful too. Glad this series keeps delivering for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Nalini Singh, but I haven't read any of her Guild Hunter books. Glad this one was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this series so I'm glad to see you liked this so well. Some others didn't.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I heard wonderful things about Nalini Singh and this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 15 books is such an accomplishment, so I appreciate that the reads are still strong after so many installments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I absolutely LOVE this series! Nalini Singh is one of my top favorite authors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth! She's a favorite for me too! She is an amazing writer!

      Delete
  8. Your review is so good. I wondered this novel. Thanks for your review. Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful review. One day. I keep telling myself I need to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like you, I was glad to get their backstory after encountering them both in earlier books. I love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to look into this series at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The premise of the series is so interesting but I'm determined to get caught up with the Psy-Changeling series before I tackle this one. :) A lofty goal. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a series that I definitely want to tackle at some point. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed this one as much as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It does sound like she's set up a fascinating world in this series. Like Tanya, I'm still working my way through her Psy-Changeling series. :D

    ReplyDelete