Wednesday, November 9, 2022

My Favorite Non-Review Books: October 2022

It's hard to write a review for every book I read so I thought I'd do up a post each month (not so much this year!) to feature my favorites.  

I haven't done one of these posts since February! With moving and renovations I'm not even sure that I read many books that weren't for review in those past months, but it seems I'm getting a little more free time back so I was able to read four non-review books in October! All of them were hits. 

Here are my favorite non-review books for October 2022 (all were read by audio):



This is a fun series, a bit of mystery, a bit of romance. Easy to get into and hard to put down.
4 Stars



Linda Howard peppers her romantic suspense reads with humor and I was laughing my head off! Written back in 2001 but still a lot of fun! 
4 Stars



Alice Feeney’s writing was hypnotic and lyrical, sucking me into this Darker family tragedy as it played out. It’s a story that’ll have you thinking on it long after you read *listen* to the final page. It was a revenge well deserved. My heart hurt for Daisy.
4 Stars



This romance was heartwarming, sweet and a quick read. Plus, it's set in one of my favorite coastal towns: Cannon Beach, California! Made me want to visit all over again!
4 Stars


How about you? Have you read any non-review books you loved?





20 comments:

  1. It is hard to write reviews for every book we read. That's why I save some thoughts out on Goodreads for every book. Nothing major, just a few sentences. I have been enjoying reading Thayne's books. They are always heartwarming and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I just don't have the time. That's a good way to handle it Sam.

      Delete
  2. I'm always reading good books that I never review...all of these look like books I would like. So thanks for recommending them. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's hard to review everything, especially if you don't have to. My pleasure! :)

      Delete
  3. RaeAnne Thayne is so dependable for heartfelt feel-good stories. The Lynsay Sands series sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love her romances! The Argeneau series is so good! I always forget about them, but I downloaded another after writing up this post.

      Delete
  4. Nice. I love listening, and these all look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got Daisy Darker on my list and have been meaning to try one of RaeAnne Thayne's heartwarmers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. RaeAnne Thayne is so good! Nice quick reviews, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Daisy Darker last month, and thought it was great. It was perfect for Halloween month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't go wrong with a Lynsay Sands book! I love the Argeneau series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just downloaded another after writing up this post.

      Delete
  9. I loved Daisy Darker and I like Linda Howard but haven't read this one yet.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Linda Howard was great! It stood up well for being written in 2001!

      Delete
  10. I still try to review every book that I read on my blog and it is getting really hard to maintain. I may need change things soon. I am pretty sure that I read the Linda Howard book when it was first published.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya, Carole! It is hard to find the time to review every book, and I mostly only write a proper one for review copies now. This kind of post helps me spotlight the ones I don't.

      Delete