The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. I'm also linking up to The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance @Readerbuzz.
Happy Sunday!
I worked last Sunday and it feels like my whole week it a little off when I work a weekend day. The weather is still warm, in the 80s, but we've been dipping down into the 40s and 50s most nights. It's easier to get our cats to come in at night since the temps have dropped.
Peanut, my reading buddy.
I find it harder and harder to read only by my eyes (as in e-copy or physical copy). It feels like it takes forever and I'm not able to do anything else.
We picked a bunch of apples this week and today my husband helped me process them for canning. We did apple pie filling and applesauce and both turned out really good!
Read:
Something About September by Julia McKay-4 Stars
Dive Bar at the End of the Road by Kelley Armstrong-4 Stars
I haven't been reading much romance lately but I got a physical copy of Something About September and I was able to grab a library audio. I really enjoyed it! Dive Bar at the End of the Road was wild! A page-turning horror/mystery! A Map to Murder was a great mystery filled with interesting bits on San Francisco's true crime history!
Received:
The Final Final Girl by James Kaine
Sometimes I Scare Myself by Jeneva Rose
The Henchperson's Guide to Unionizing by Marshall J. Moore
Thank you to Simon Maverick, Libro.fm and Bantam!













I wish our soil here was as good as yours seems to be, also that it was slightly cooler since so many things die in the heat of July-August. I'm reading Dive Bar right now and yes wacky, at halfway. I have the same problem with reading ebooks. In the daytime I go for audio because I can multitask.
ReplyDeleteAnne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post
We're doimg a lot of puzzles this year too but notso many as you have done. Goimg shopping for more puzzles tomorrow. Where do you get yours?
ReplyDeleteHow nice that you and the husband do the canning together. I do not like doing things off schedule. It sets me back for days. I LOVED Something About September. It's right up my alley.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great pic! (I love the Peanut one too, though 🙂).
ReplyDelete40F is COLD! Especially considering the temps you're having during the day. But, anything is better than the unforgiving hot of this summer...
Your weekly puzzle is very in tune with your cooking (or, well, preserving) activities LOL.
If Dive Bar was "wild", it's pretty much my kind of book!
*heat*
Delete