Monday, December 3, 2012

Review: Down for the Count by Christine Bell

Down for the Count (Dare Me #1) by Christine Bell
Published October 1st 2012 by Entangled Publishing (Brazen)

About the book
Truth or dare…

When Lacey Garrity finds her groom in flagrante delicto in the reception hall closet with her bridesmaid, she's saved by her best friend’s older brother—childhood tormentor, crush, and boxing bad boy Galen Thomas. Galen’s solution is both exciting and dangerous. What better way to forget the mess of her life than go on her honeymoon with a hot guy who can’t promise anything beyond today?

…or TKO?

Galen had been counting on Lacey's wedding to put her out of reach—and out of his mind—once and for all, but their steamy Puerto Rican escape is testing all his boundaries. Now that Lacey’s embracing her inner bad girl, Galen is tempted to throw in the towel and claim her for himself. But with the biggest fight of his career on the line and an important business merger threatening to derail Lacey’s resolve, their romance might be down for the count before it even begins.

My Thoughts
Down For the Count comes out swinging from page one!

After one hell of a shocking betrayal and discovery in the linen closet on her wedding day, Lacey Garrity is whisked away by her best friend’s older brother, Galen, who Lacey has been drooling over and crushing on her entire life. Combine the oh-so-dangerous Jack Daniels with a round of Truth or Dare and Lacey finds herself on her honeymoon after all….with Galen! In a paradise filled with warm breezes, waves lapping at the shore, sun, and sand--Galen and Lacey’s light, fun banter and friendship begins to crackle and burn with intense pent up desire! With Lacey’s world and heart turned all topsy-turvy, can Galen show her how to relax and go with the flow? Can a label maker queen with a need to make lists for everything allow herself to need, ask, and search for what makes her happy in life? What if what she needs is Galen Thomas?

”She tried not to stare at him but failed miserably. His board shorts hung low, clinging to his lean hips. She helplessly followed the trail of hair leading from his naval downward…."

Shall we jump right to the Galen gossip? Holy hotness! Galen, a professional boxer with a beautiful, sculptured body made me drool, blush and daydream. But it was his passion for life that made my heart beat come to thumping life with every curl of his lips, touch, and gaze. What struck me most about Galen was how real he felt, sounded, and moved on the page. His sexy down & dirty mouth, sense of humor, leave-the-toilet-seat-up relaxed, confident, manly manners and ways were just what Lacey needed to explore everything life has to offer in love, fun, and sex. The fighter in Galen pushed, urged, and inspired Lacey and me. Don’t be afraid. Ask for what you want in life. Add all that with the man’s deliciously dirty mouth (Did I mention his dirty talk yet? Hehe…), you get pure sex on a stick! I want one, I want one!

“I’ve dreamed of you and that hair. Of you taking my cock in your mouth, real slow. Sucking and licking until I felt like I’d explode. And right when I was about to come, I’d wrap my fist in that beautiful hair and use it to work you faster, harder over my cock until I came deep in your throat.”

So much to love here! But I do have one or two disappointments. For one, I REALLY wanted to see Lacey knock her Mom on her ass! A packed on ice, cold, cold hearted bitch is one of my favorite villains and Lacey’s Mom is so fun to hate. She came close to having the best line in the book. Damn the bitch sucker punched me! Haha…My jaw dropped with one line. The only other slight hiccup for me was the….

Back to the love though! Passion, life, and love rule this quick sexy story. But I can’t go without giving a big shout out to friendship as well. Cat completely restored my faith in female characters and sidekicks everywhere. Girl, we must hang out! Perhaps in the next book? Every girl needs a Cat in life. :)

Christine Bell’s Down For the Count was a stunner for me! A story and romance filled with banter, passion, fun, and inspiration. Lacey and Galen’s story reminded me to just let go and jump in. Life is so short. Do it. Say it. Wear the bikini. Try something new. Kiss the boy. Jump the man. Go for multiple orgasms! And fight for what you want in life with all your heart! Leave it all out there in life and have no regrets.

A highly recommended read that left me smiling and inspired. Can’t wait for more from Ms. Bell.
4 Suns

No comments:

Post a Comment