Friday, November 15, 2013

Review: Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run #4) by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban

Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run #4) by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban
Published October 14th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press 
Cut & Run Series Book Four - Sequel to Fish & Chips

Baltimore, Maryland, is a city in alarming distress. Rising violence is fanning the flames of public outrage, and all law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, are catching blame. Thus the FBI’s latest ideas to improve public relations: a municipal softball league and workshops for community leaders. But the new commitments just mean more time Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett have to spend apart when they’re happily exploring how to be more than by-the-book partners.

Then the latest spate of crime explodes in their faces—literally—throwing the city, the Bureau, and Ty and Zane’s volatile partnership both in and out of the office into chaos. They’re hip-deep in trouble, trying to track down bombers and bank robbers in the dark with very few clues, and the only way to reach the light at the end of the tunnel together requires Ty and Zane to close their eyes and trust each other to the fiery end.

Arlene's Thoughts
“First time I saw you, after I got over hating you, I knew,” he said, echoing Ty’s words, “I knew I’d fall in love with you.”

Amazing! Simply amazing! More please...
At the risk of sounding redundant, I’m just going to say it... This series keeps getting better and better!! I just can’t figure out how Roux and Urban do it. I fall more and more in love with Ty and Zane as I blow through each installment, and my enthusiasm for this series has truly passed the “seriously addicted” stage. We’re talking RED.ALERT! Divide & Conquer delivers the right amount of action, drama and romance from beginning to end. Anymore and I’d simply pass out from the adrenaline rush these characters fuel. Love Ty and Zane! Love them!

In Divide & Conquer, Ty and Zane begin to work a local Baltimore case that involves random bombings and bank robberies happening throughout the city. As part of a public service publicity effort, they are not only asked to work the case but also put themselves out there to ease citizen unrest by means of local activities and speaking engagements. Unfortunately, their public appearances make them easy targets for those responsible for the attacks. Becoming the main target for a personal vendetta against law enforcement, Ty and Zane must find a way to maneuver through the constant attacks and hope to come out in one piece when it’s all said and done.

I have to say that the one thing that stood out the most in this installment is the clear intimacy between Ty and Zane. I loved to read the texts and see how they expressed their feelings for one another. They’re not the perfect couple by any means, but they’re perfectly flawed which makes them even more attractive.

My heart broke when I had to witness their struggles and the physical, emotional and psychological damage they incurred as a result of this case, but in the end the way they balance their relationship is absolutely rewarding to experience as a reader.

Overall, the romance is off the charts, the characters deliver a worthy performance and the plot is perfectly executed to create an explosive adventure. Aside from the ending being painful cliffy hell, I couldn't have asked for anything more!! I can’t wait to jump into the next installment. ABSOLUTELY ADDICTIVE!!!
5 Suns

Crystal's Thoughts:
I am exhausted from squeeing!  I never thought I would say that but I have squeed ever since the moment I picked up Cut & Run and I haven't stopped.  When I started Divide & Conquer I thought okay I'm four books in the squeeing will stop I'm sure, but not only did I not stop I squeed more than ever!  I'm exhausted but you know what I can't complain!

Divide & Conquer picks up with Ty and Zane having adapted to their somewhat strange relationship. The L word has been thrown by Ty and Zane still isn't sure how he feels about it.  This quickly becomes the least of their problems when a new criminal seems to be targeting the pair.  Ty and Zane have to deal with blindness for one, jealousy, and the loss of a dear friend.  Just another day in the Cut & Run series!

Like with the past installments I love the stolen moments between Ty and Zane.  They have some of the best moments I have ever read and they just keep getting better and better not to mention sweeter.  Nose nuzzles and ties will never be the same for me after this.

I love Ty, he is the one that has surprised me the most out of this series.  He really took the plunge by telling Zane he loved him in the last book and he keeps upping the ante in this one.  I was so proud of him for his choices even though there is one thing that happened that made me want to smack him upside the head.  Why didn't he move!!  I'm still mad, but with everything that happened I can forgive him and move on.

Okay the elephant in the room has to be addressed.  There is something that happens at the end that had me screaming NOOOO!! but I have to breathe because things can't always be perfect right??!  I know I am just trying to calm myself down, but I have faith in the authors that this little hiccup will be fixed in the first chapter of the next book..it better be!
5 Suns

No comments:

Post a Comment