Saturday, November 23, 2013

Review: Remember When 3 (Remember Trilogy) by T. Torrest


Remember When 3 (Remember Trilogy #3) by T. Torrest
Published November 21st 2013 
Purchase Link: Amazon
"I’d spent too long in limbo.
It was time to put The California Plan back into effect."
~Layla Warren

I’ve been in love with Trip Wiley since I was sixteen years old.
Yep. That Trip Wiley.
Academy award-winning actor, known philanthropist, People’s Sexiest Man Alive two years running…
Yeah.
It’s not like I’m some delusional stalker-fan. It just so happens that he was my high school sweetheart back in 1991.
In the years since, he’s simply been The One That Got Away.
We just can’t seem to get on the same page at the same time.
Our timing may have sucked, but the feelings had already been confirmed. Years ago.
At least his were.
He doesn’t know that I had chosen to love him back.
I need to fix that.
And I need to do it now.
Remember When 3 is the third and final book in the Remember Trilogy.
It’s a story about taking chances and following your heart…
and knowing that sometimes, you just have to learn when to let go.

My Thoughts
What a TRIPtastic ending!! Loved the Remember When series, and I’m sad my journey with Layla and Trip is over!! This adventure was full of smiles, giddy times, heartbreaking moments and an ending that will leave a lasting impression. Well done!!

In this final installment of the Remember When series, Layla and Trip collide once again after a tragic event brings them together. Having spent the last fifteen years living through regrets and lost opportunities, they decide to take a chance at exposing their true feelings for one another and seeing where it takes them. With Trip’s career being at the top of the Hollywood scene, they struggle with trying to fit into each other’s lives and finding stolen moments of privacy. In this final book, their love is put to the test as they battle the constant pressures of Hollywood life.

First off, I have to say how much I enjoyed the pacing of this book. I was clear that Torrest was on a focused and determined race to the finish. She wasted no time in getting the action started, and I loved how there wasn’t a moment of downtime in this final installment. To see Trip and Layla finally come together in their final chapters was rewarding and HOT as hell! Loved it!

My favorite scene in the book was clearly the Jake Ryan moment. Love.love.love. “Yeah you” will forever be branded in my brain as Trip’s shining moment. I loved how he played his part in this final installment. He felt true to character with the right blend of confident, broken yet hopeful. His character was worthy of applause.

As always, Layla was the perfect narrator for this book. She’s witty, real and off the charts funny. The way she handled Trip throughout the book was not only entertaining but heartwarming. They proved to be the perfect pair. Loved them together, while still appreciating them as individual characters.

Lastly, I have to just point out that the romance in this installment was SPICEtastic! Wow! Talk about the steam coming out of my eReader! Torrest really turned it up a notch in all the right ways. ~swoons~

Overall, the Remember When series was a fun adventure about love, friendship, growing up and learning to cope with life’s punches. Meeting this cast of characters was the best reading experience. Remember When is a series that shouldn’t be missed. Thank you T. Torrest for the opportunity to read RW3 while the ink was still drying. I truly enjoyed your story!
4 Suns

No comments:

Post a Comment