Thursday, November 7, 2013

Review: Fish & Chips (Cut & Run #3) by Madeleine Urban & Abigail Roux


Fish & Chips (Cut & Run #3) by Madeleine Urban, Abigail Roux
Published December 6th 2010 by Dreamspinner Press

Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett are back on the job, settled into a personal and professional relationship built on fierce protectiveness and blistering passion. Now they're assigned to impersonate two members of an international smuggling ring-an out-and-proud married couple-on a Christmas cruise in the Caribbean. As their boss says, surely they'd rather kiss each other than be shot at, and he has no idea how right he is. Portraying the wealthy criminals requires a particular change in attitude from Ty and Zane while dealing with the frustrating waiting game of their assignment. As it begins to affect how they treat each other in private, Ty and Zane realize there's more to being partners than watching each other's backs, and when the case takes an unexpected turn and threatens Ty's life, Ty and Zane will have to navigate seas of white lies and stormy secrets, including some of their own.


Arlene's Thoughts:

"I wish I was what you believe... I wish I was what you need me to be."
"Zane," he said hoarsely. "You're everything I need you to be."


FIVE.MIND-BLOWING.STARS!! BEST.ONE.YET!!

Just when I think I’ve read the best possible book in the series, I move on to the next installment and it proves me wrong. The Cut & Run series truly keeps getting better and better with each book! I loved every moment of Fish & Chips and then some! Ty and Zane keep the momentum at high impact and romance is always off the charts. They are officially my favorite couple! More please!!

In Fish & Chips, Ty and Zane are finally placed on a case that takes them to the high seas for a fifteen day cruise on the Caribbean… as a married couple. (Yes… yes.. I was squeeing too!) Their objective is to bring down the Porters who are implicated in numerous high-end thefts. They are being detained by the FBI, and were scheduled to set sail the following day. Ty and Zane are assigned to impersonate these two dealers and gather as much intell as possible to apprehend as many players from their illegal ring.

Right from the beginning, I had a feeling Ty and Zane were set to fail. Their preparation for the case was extremely rushed and there were too many possible flaws in the plan to make it go off without a hitch. So when they boarded the ship for their assignment, I was ready for all sorts of drama and adventure. Well true to plan, I wasn’t disappointed. Ty and Zane crash into just about every obstacle with the grace of a new born fawn. As much as I enjoyed the constant action, there were moments where I just wanted them to land a break in the case.

I think the most emotional scene was the pool scene and I must say, as bad as I felt for Zane, I felt that Ty handled it well. Their relationship is plagued with a ton of issues, and it will take a lot to get these guys to overcome their hang-ups.

As far as their relationship goes, I feel they face constant stops and starts, but that never deters from the romance that explodes off the pages in this book. This book really turned it up a notch, or two, or three. Ty and Zane are great together, and I can’t wait to see their relationship continue to grow.


Overall, the pacing of this book is a steady constant of action, which keeps me glued to the pages, but it’s the well-crafted characters and their undeniable chemistry that make me a huge fan of theirs. Can’t wait to read the next installment, and I’m already dreading tearing through this series too quickly because I enjoy them too too much! Love.love.love…
5 Suns




Crystal's Thoughts:
Okay people IT. JUST. GOT. REAL!  This next installment in the Cut & Run series is hotter, crazier, and sexier and and OMG it just is!!  I didn't think things could get any steamier since I have already read 2 previous books, but my on my Ty & Zane know how to keep things interesting that's for sure!

This book takes Ty & Zane on a cruise that has them impersonating two thieves and these two thieves just happen to be an out and proud married couple!  This sets the scene for some hot chemistry by the pool and it was so awesome to see them react to one another without worrying who might be looking.  There are a lot of squee worthy moments and my heart is still fluttering!  There is also plenty of action..err the cops and robbers action I mean that keeps the storyline moving at a fast pace.

There is one scene that made me stop for a minute and really look at Zane.  His actions were not what I expected and I was so upset with him when he chose certain things over listening to his partner.  Ty really surprised me though and I have to say I have a whole new appreciation for him.  Ty gives a lot and doesn't ask for a lot in return, but damn Zane he better start returning even if Ty isn't asking!  I am asking!  I really want to see Ty lose some of his hang ups and let Ty in.  They both deserve nothing less and I know that when that moment finally happens it will be explosive!

This is by far my favorite of the series so far for so many many reasons.  I think Ty really took their relationship up a notch and I can't wait to see how Zane reacts and he better react!!

5 Blazing Suns!!







No comments:

Post a Comment