Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Review: Conviction (The Consolation Duet #2) by Corinne Michaels

Conviction (The Consolation Duet #2) by Corinne Michaels
Published May 27th 2015 by BAAE Publishing
I fell in love with Liam only to be left shattered into a million pieces. Again. The idea of being without him cripples me but the reality is, he’s gone.

He doesn’t understand and I can’t make him.


If only he’d see the conviction behind my words—then Liam would still be here.

My Thoughts
I enjoyed this second installment just as much as the first. The Consolation was perfect as a duet. The story didn't drag out, but at the same time, we really got to know Natalie and Liam as they worked toward their happy ending.

If you haven't read the first book, this second installment will be a bit of a spoiler so proceed with caution. Conviction picks up right where the last book left off where Natalie must face yet another blow to her life. Just when she and Liam caught their stride and were finally building a life together, Natalie finds that what she thought was a closed chapter from her previous life has only blown up to cause a complete twist of fate for her and Liam.

What I really enjoyed about this novel is the fact that Natalie never led anyone on with her true feelings. She was honest and stayed true to how she felt and what she wanted. At times where it could almost feel selfish of her to fight for her own happy ending, I had to keep reminding myself what she went through in the previous novel, and she never wavered on her feelings.

The drama in Conviction was continuous but never over the top. Liam and Natalie sure went through a lot, and I feel they earned their ending. It was clear from beginning to end how much these two characters cared for each other. The story had an ample amount of sweet moments to balance out the heavy events.

Overall, Conviction definitely rounded out Liam and Natalie's story quite nicely. Well done!
4 Suns

No comments:

Post a Comment