Wednesday, September 23, 2015

2015 Audio Reading Challenge

I just came across this challenge and thought it was the prefect one for me. I love listening to audio books, and I’ve recently touted my addiction to Overdrive, which you can check out HERE.  Now I know I am entering this challenge a bit late, but here’s my retro-recap along with some details on the challenge. Enjoy!

Reading Challenge Details:
  • Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. You can join at anytime.
  • The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2015 than you did in 2014.
  • Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
  • ANY genres count.
  • Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
  • You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc. – I’ve created a Goodreads Group for the challenge, feel free to join.
  • If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.

By request, a new level (Marathoner) has been added this year for the hardcore listeners and the numbers for My Precious has been changed from 30+ to 30-50.

Levels:
  • Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5 
  • Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10 
  • Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15 
  • Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
  • Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
  • My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
  • Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+ 
We’ve decided to go back to having quarterly updates to help keep everyone motivated and to snag new participants through out the year. There will be posts on the following dates for you guys to check in to let us know how your listening is going for 2015.

Update Schedule:
  • March 27th: 1st Quarter Update
  • June 19th: 2nd Quarter Update – Giveaway included
  • September 25th: 3rd Quarter Update
  • December 18th: 4th Quarter Update and Wrap – Giveaway included 

First Quarter Review (January – March 2015)
The Tyrant’s Daughter by J.C. Carleson
Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I Was Here by Gayle Forman
Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella
Changeling by Philippa Gregory
The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks
Landline by Rainbow Rowell
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
The One and Only by Emily Griffin
Ask the Passengers by A.S. King
Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
Hausfrau by Jill Alexander Essbaum
Stormbringers by Philippa Gregory
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel
First Love by James Patterson
On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
Total – 22 Titles

Second Quarter Review (April – June 2015)
Confess by Colleen Hoover
The Return by Jennifer Armentrout
Silver Bay by JoJo Moyes
Hero by Samantha Young
Lick by Kylie Scott
Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
The Shadows by J.R. Ward
Kaleb by Nichole Edwards
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
Play by Kylie Scott
The Proposition by Katie Ashley
Rule by Jay Crownover
Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby
99 Days by Katie Cotugno
Lead by Kylie Scott
Down London Road by Samantha Young
Total – 17 Titles

Third Quarter Review (July – September 2015)
Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker
Goodnight June by Sarah Jio
Grey by E.L. James
Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
Saved by the Rancher by Jennifer Ryan
Sweet Ache by K. Bromberg
Until Fountain Bridge by Samantha Young
Nothing Personal by Jaci Burton
Castle Hill by Samantha Young
Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave
Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley
Rusty Nailed by Alice Clayton
Total – 13 Titles

Looks like I’ve achieved MARATHONER LEVEL! Look Ma no hands! To date, my Overdrive shelf has me at 52 titles completed for 2015 so far. You can check out my entire Goodreads Overdrive shelf HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, very impressive list, Arlene! This makes me wonder how many audiobooks I’ve listened this year. You should definitely make you own audiobook challenge here on Waves of Fiction. I’ll gladly participate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ksenia! I was shocked when I did the tally! That would be fun. I'll have to think on it. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Arlene! You've certainly nailed this challenge! I'm addicted to audiobooks as well, but I don't think I've listened as many as you this year. Must check my shelf. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you have an extensive list. Thanks for introducing me to Overdrive!!

      Delete