Saturday, September 19, 2015

Waves of Sunday #73

Welcome to our weekly edition of Waves of Sunday where each Sunday we spotlight a book that has been making waves in the book scene or has simply caught our attention causing a riptide on our TBR.

Today we are spotlighting:
Crossing the Line by Barbara Elsborg
Published November 28th 2014 by Barbara Elsborg
This is a dark romantic suspense with scenes of graphic violence.

Is there a line she won’t cross?

Katya’s sister is brutally murdered while working undercover for the Russian Security Service and no one seems to care. After her parents and grandparents die in a suspicious car accident and the authorities still won’t take any action, Katya travels to America, following the man she believes is responsible, determined to find her own justice.

She becomes caught in a dangerous and demanding game balancing the demands of two men with her obsession for the truth. Ethan, an FBI agent, is on the side of right. Aleksei, an enigma, is as bad as they come, yet it’s the man with darkness inside him who offers a chance of discovering what happened to her family. If she wants those responsible to pay for the murders, how far is she prepared to go? 

Arlene's Thoughts
I'm always on the lookout for a Barbara Elsborg book. This author just seems to resonate with my reading style. Her novels are witty, filled with chemistry and exploding with excitement. However, I also know how gritty this author can be with her romantic suspense novels. Not too long ago, she shocked me with her extremely edgy and violent novel Chosen, which left me slightly damaged. Well, I survived, and I think I can handle another rollercoaster ride from Elsborg as long as I get a healthy dose of chemistry between her characters... which I know she can deliver. Let's see how far Barbara Elsborg crosses the line with this one... I'm excited to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment