Monday, July 8, 2024

Two Romances: A Novel Love Story & The Paradise Problem

 

A Novel Love Story by Ashley Poston
Publication Date: June 25th 2024 by Berkley
Pages: 384
Source: Publisher 
Rating: 

My Thoughts:
All the members of Eileen’s book club back out of their yearly retreat, but she needs this trip, she’s had a tough few years, and decides to go alone.  However, on the way she gets lost, and somehow ends up in the fictional town of her favorite romance series; a series that’s carried her through her darkest times. She knows the characters inside and out, except for one: a grumpy book store owner.
 
What a fun premise! A Novel Love Story was also completely charming, a journey of healing for Eileen and one that helps her sort out her path to happiness. There’s also a romance of course!




The Paradise Problem by Christina Lauren
Publication Date: May 14th 2024 by Gallery Books
Pages: 352
Source: Publisher 
Rating: ½
Links: Amazon Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Goodreads

My Thoughts:
Anna is in a low point in her life, having just lost her job with lots of bills when her old college roommate, West comes knocking needing her help. They married for family housing back then and apparently, unbeknownst to Anna, they never divorced. West needs her to continue with the charade that they’re married, so he can hit the five-year mark to unlock his one-hundred-million-dollar trust fund, making him fully independent of his toxic father for good.
 
They must appear together, happily married to his sister’s destination wedding on a private island. Anna agrees, because she needs the money. Of course, there’s one bed, of course there’s an attraction simmering between them and of course they fall deeper into real love as they fake it! Loved both Anna and West!
 
Family drama, serious issues, sexy times, and laugh-out-loud moments all combine into Christina Lauren’s special brand of romance! 







26 comments:

  1. These both sound so fun! I've got them on my TBR list and can't wait to read them. Now I just have to figure out when. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's hard to squeeze in everything we want to read! Hope you love them. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the support and commitment Anna had to what was right. This was fun too!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed her character. West, too! He was a sweetheart.

      Delete
  3. I loved both of these, but it was funny seeing some reviews for The Paradise Problem that took issue with the fact that Anna didn't realize her roommate/husband was wealthy and whatnot. I thought it was explained in an ok way, but I didn't care either because the book was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know there was an issue with that. It didn't bug me either. I can be very oblivious sometimes, so I can relate, lol!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your recommendations of these books. I look forward to reading both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Christina Lauren, I do mean to try her books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love a fake dating. I'm currently reading one too. Fake engagement and of course, they just realized that there's nothing fake about how they're feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Novel Love Story has such a fun premise. I mean, how cool would that be? (In theory, that is. IRL I'd be freaking out, of course. lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a fun premise, but in real life I'd totally freak out!

      Delete
  8. I always appreciate your reviews. Thank you.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your review and recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They both sound enjoyable. I sm especially intrigued by A Novel Love Story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an original premise and an emotional story in spots. I really enjoyed it!

      Delete
  11. I just got A Novel Love Story from Aardvark Book Club. I'm glad you liked it. Sounds cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the first one, got to meet the author last week too! I've got the second one purchased on Audible I think, need to listen to it! Great reviews!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete