Friday, November 16, 2012

Review: Double Time by Olivia Cunning

Double Time (Sinners on Tour, #5)
Double Time (Sinners on Tour #5) by Olivia Cunning
Published November 6, 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Purchase: Amazon
About the Book
Olivia Cunning delivers the perfect blend of steamy sex, heartwarming romance, and a wicked sense of humor in this menage story featuring the hottest guy in the Sinners band.

Trey Mills, the notoriously sexy Sinners rhythm guitarist, gives up his bisexual lifestyle and is swept into a hot, heady romance with Reagan Elliot, a female rock star sensation. But when Trey encounters Reagan's sexy bisexual roommate, Ethan Conner, he can no longer deny who he is or what he wants. Reagan heartily agrees to a solution that opens up a hot new world of sexual experience--and love--with the two men she wants the most.
My Thoughts
This rating is totally just for Trey. He is by far the hottest member of this group in my opinion and he deserves every one of those 3 stars. His story is definitely spicy and leaves nothing to the imagination but I am glad things ended the way they did for him. I honestly can't imagine his story being any different. I lurve this man and he deserves his happiness anyway he can get it. I also loved Reagan. She was hilarious and gave Trey a run for his money. Some of their conversations were some of the best I have ever read. Very laugh out loud funny. This rock star world needed a female musician and she was a wonderful addition. Ethan helped round out this trio and I can't see Trey and Reagan without him. And if I am being completely honest this story felt more rock star to me than the other 2 so far especially now after finding out the outcomes of all the band members. Which I am a little confused about since this is the third book in the series and we haven't yet read Eric and Jace's stories, but we get to see their HEAs. This book felt more like a series ending one than the third one in a set of 5.
My reason for taking away 2 stars is 1.Brian ticked me off and 2.Way too many babies! I will start with Brian. He was so mean to Trey! I expected way more from him when certain things were revealed. His band members were there for him through a lot and he was so self involved in this one and way too selfish. I just wanted to strangle him! I can't say much more because I don't want to give away what happens, but I am still upset over how Brian handled the situation. When I read first started reading this series every time I heard an alternative song I would get a smile on my face because these books were hot and they tend to leave an impression. Now though when I hear one all I see is babies! Rock stars need to party and have lots of smexin going on, not changing diapers and hearing biological clocks ticking. This series started out a certain way and I know characters are supposed to evolve and all but I didn't want these particular characters to grow up that much. Not yet anyway.
So I will definitely still read the next book, but I don't know if I will be as excited as I was with the previous ones.

3 Suns 

No comments:

Post a Comment