Monday, November 12, 2012

Review: Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning

Rock Hard (Sinners on Tour, #2)
Rock Hard (Sinners On Tour, #2) by Olivia Cunning
Published April 1, 2011 by Sourcebooks, Incorporated
Purchase: Amazon
About the book
An ultimatum can break your heart....

Every night lead singer, Sed Lionheart whips thousands of women into a frenzy with his voice alone. But the stage is the only place Sed feels any passion since he lost Jessica...

If you’re not willing to break all the rules...

It shattered her heart, but law student Jessica broke off her engagement to Sed, determined to be successful on her own terms. But no other man can ever hold a candle to Sed...

Then a chance meeting and tortuously close quarters lead to uncontrollable flares of passion and rediscovery of their unique penchant for public encounters. Now, in addition to the risk of mutual heartbreak every time they get together, they’re in danger of truly scandalous public exposure...

My Thoughts:
Rock Hard hands the stage over to Sedric Lionhart (Sed), the lead vocalist of Sinners, and his former fiancĂ© of two years passed Jessica Chase. Their relationship hit a stalemate a couple years prior when Jessica decided to pursue her dreams of going to law school and Sed was on an upward trajectory toward stardom. The relationship didn’t end well by any means, but one thing is certain, neither of them were ready to let go. When they are forced to spent the summer together as Jessica takes a job that will have her touring with the band, they discover there’s a ton of loose ends to tie up… or rather untie. ;)

Three rock hard stars for this book. I really didn’t enjoy it as much as I did the first book in the series. There seemed to be something missing between Jessica and Sed and I can’t say I came to like them as much as I did Brian and Myrna. Sed needs a few classes in sentimental conditioning and Jessica needs to tone it down a bit. Their public displays of affection weren’t my cuppa and when it went viral, well all I can say is that they had it coming to them. I was bummed to see that I really didn’t like Myrna in this book all that much, especially her reaction to Trey’s condition. Sort of disappointing, but that’s what happens when you get an overdose of a couple long after we’ve read their HEA.

The ending is sweet as cherry pie and I’m curious to see how these two get on in the other installments, but for now I’m ready to move on to Trey and Jace. I hope their stories bring back that something special I felt in the first book.

3 Suns
 

No comments:

Post a Comment