Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Review: Leave Me Breathless by Cherrie Lynn


Leave Me Breathless (Ross Siblings, #3)

Leave Me Breathless by Cherrie Lynn
Published November 6th 2012 by Samhain Publishing

About the book:
It's Valentine's Day, but Macy Rodgers isn't feeling the love. Aside from a torrid, one-night fling in a backseat a few months back, her love life has been sorely lacking, but fortunately she has devious friends who feel like playing Cupid. Wouldn't they be shocked to learn that the match they've made for her is the same one that steamed up the back of that '69 GTO...

Seth "Ghost" Warren has just returned to town after an extended absence. Between his grandmother's failing health, his job as a tattoo artist, his band's gigs, and a crazy ex that won't leave him alone, he's stretched thin. Cautious cowgirl Macy is the last thing he needs thrown into the mix.

She's all country, he's all heavy metal—and Macy knows that if anyone can propel her out of her rut, it's Seth. But when their worlds collide, it's anyone guess if they'll survive with their hearts intact.

Warning: Contains explicit sex, graphic language, road trips, troublemaking exes, emotional baggage, and an unconventional but exceptionally hot hero tatted and pierced for your pleasure...

My Thoughts:
This book was scrumptious and I devoured it!

Ghost - you have my heart and I can honestly say you may have a slight edge over Brian from Rock Me (I know...*GASP*). I'm a sucker for a bald head, facial hair, and tattoos. The minute he walked into the bar in the beginning with all of his hotness, I was a goner. I couldn't get enough of him. Not only was he irresistible and sexy - he was sweet, charming, and family-oriented. His love for his grandma and sister was an added layer to the perfection that is Seth Warren.  And he drives a 1969 GTO convertible.  HOT.

There's no denying this is one of the hottest books I've ever read.  The steam was oozing from the pages it was so hot. And it wasn't just all about that (although no complaints - those were some good scenes) - it was also tender and sweet and funny at times. There was a connection between Macy and Seth that just couldn't be denied and it kept my heart racing. I loved them together. It made it hard for me to put this book down.

But Macy and Seth had their fair share of issues. After having a severe horse-riding accident, Macy loses her identity and ends up with serious self-esteem issues. And Seth is still hung up on how his first love broke his heart, many years before. Wrong assumptions, trust issues, and drama ensue - but what book doesn't have that? It's what keeps a reader reading and many times I found myself holding my breath and reading frantically to get to the end where I hoped everything would be okay.

For all of the frustrating drama (which was a very small part of the book, thankfully) - it was worth it because of the relationship that was built between Seth and Macy. I would've liked to have seen an epilogue of their lives down the road, but I have hope that maybe there's going to be another book in the series where we'll get a glimpse of how they're doing. I loved how Brian and Candace (from Rock Me) made their appearances in this book. I would rate this one a full 5 suns if I didn't feel the ending was slightly lacking. I LOVED this book up until the very end when I felt it fell a little flat. But, overall, a fantastic read that went right onto my favorites list!

4.5 Suns






No comments:

Post a Comment