Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Review: Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #1)

Fantasy Lover (Dark-Huner #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Published on February 18, 2002 by St.Martins Paperback

About the book
Dear Reader,

Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day.

As a love-slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and onto the world. She taught me to love again.

But I was not born to love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace--the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse?

Julian of Macedon

My Thoughts
Well book girls around the world I can honestly say I have found my fictional husband. Yes Julian is hot and he oozes sex but he won the position by buying Grace books. Yes you heard me he bought her books, and not just any books but he replaced her whole collection when they were destroyed by a maniac. *swoons while waving nerd flag* This awesome scene makes the book 5 stars for me but let me tell you about the rest.

Julian of Macedon is trapped into a book by his brother Priapus. The whys of this you will have to read to find out because I think Kenyon did a fantastic job of telling those events that I don't want to ruin them for you. So moving on, the only way for Julian to escape the book is for a woman to say his name three times in a row. When this is done he becomes her love slave for thirty days. I know what you are thinking but bare with me. When Julian is summoned by Grace by ways of her silly friend Salena he discovers that he might be worth something else after all. Julian has a terrible past and with Grace's help he may just overcome what shadows him. Grace is a great character. I fell in love with her right away, but don't think for a second that she is perfect. She has baggage in her past as well and while helping Julian escape the book forever she deals with what darkens her mind as well.
 

This is only the base story, we get to meet a whole group of fun characters that include cupid, Athena, and Aphrodite who happens to be Julians mother. I can not express how much I liked this book. I know that it is fluff but I love this kind of fluff, well steamy fluff that is and believe me this book has plenty of steam. Julian has been a love slave for two thousand years and he has definitely picked up some moves along the way. If you liked the Black Dagger Brotherhood series I highly recommend picking this series up to help you get through the Brother withdrawals because Julian is just that good.  

5 Suns

2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing, Crystal. I'm wondering if this is sort of a stand along for each couple like The Black Dagger series. I'll have to check. Lovely review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite series! I love all of the different male characters that Sherrilyn Kenyon comes up with :)

    ReplyDelete