Thursday, February 8, 2024

Review: Bride by Ali Hazelwood

 

Bride by Ali Hazelwood
Publication Date: February 6th 2024 by Berkley
Pages: 416
Source: Publisher
Rating: 
Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Goodreads

My Thoughts:
Misery Lark, the daughter of a powerful Vampyre, is called upon to serve as a “Collateral”, a guarantee of peace between the Vampyres and the Werewolves, but instead of just residing with the enemy, she’s to marry the Alpha of a powerful pack, Lowe Moreland.

Tensions are high between Humans, Vampyres, and Werewolves, with casualties on all sides, but this isn’t the only reason Misery agrees to this arrangement. Misery’s foster sister has gone missing and Lowe Moreland’s name has come up in her search for her.

Misery was so wickedly fun with her clever, ironic humor, and big heart! And Lowe was everything you want in an Alpha: protective, caring, and lethal!

I’ve enjoyed Ali Hazelwood’s contemporary romances, so I was excited and more than a little curious about her venture into paranormal romance.  Bride features all the fun features in shifter/vampire stories: mates, primal instincts, and supernatural abilities! This marriage of convenience between opposing sides/species was sort of a fantasy Romeo and Juliet without (thankfully) all the horrid tragedy! I loved everything about this slow burn romance! Misery and Lowe were deliciously hot together! Bride does not disappoint!

5 Stars


Book Description:

A dangerous alliance between a Vampyre bride and an Alpha Werewolf becomes a love deep enough to sink your teeth into in this new paranormal romance.

Misery Lark, the only daughter of the most powerful Vampyre councilman of the Southwest, is an outcast—again. Her days of living in anonymity among the Humans are over: she has been called upon to uphold a historic peacekeeping alliance between the Vampyres and their mortal enemies, the Weres, and she sees little choice but to surrender herself in the exchange—again...

Weres are ruthless and unpredictable, and their Alpha, Lowe Moreland, is no exception. He rules his pack with absolute authority, but not without justice. And, unlike the Vampyre Council, not without feeling. It’s clear from the way he tracks Misery’s every movement that he doesn’t trust her. If only he knew how right he was….

Because Misery has her own reasons to agree to this marriage of convenience, reasons that have nothing to do with politics or alliances, and everything to do with the only thing she's ever cared about. And she is willing to do whatever it takes to get back what’s hers, even if it means a life alone in Were territory…alone with the wolf.


26 comments:

  1. Everyone is loving this book. It seems I need to find out how good it is for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see such great reviews for Hazelwoods foray into PNR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There seems to be a LOT of excitement about this one! I'm so glad it delivered for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another positive review for this book everyone is loving. I am not in the mood but may read it at some point.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not been the biggest fan of AH's contemporary romances, but I like fantasy-romance tropes more than contemporary tropes. So I've been curious about this one--sounds like it might be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy fantasy a lot too. Hope you enjoy this if you decide to give it a try.

      Delete
  6. I absolutely LOVE this book. I hope Ali writes more in this world! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too, Elizabeth! From that ending it does seem like we could get another story.

      Delete
  7. I loved this one too! So glad to see you liked it as much as I did. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Misery Lark...what a great name! I'm really looking forward to reading this one. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yes, it is a wonderful name! I think you'll enjoy this one, Lark. I look forward to your thoughts! :)

      Delete
  9. Definitely going to be picking this one up.

    Sophia Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice review, Rachel. I'm glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete

  11. What an exciting review! The concept of Misery Lark navigating a marriage of convenience between Vampyres and Werewolves, with a missing foster sister and a hot Alpha, sounds thrilling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this one too. It was fresh and surprising. I hope there will be more.

    ReplyDelete